News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Photo Of Rhododendron Transplanting

Started by jay, October 12, 2002, 06:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary_Krupa

No, however, many groups were approached. I spearheaded rounding up volunteers. Here is a list of who was contacted:

Snoop's Block Watch
President of Council, John Swierz
7th Ward Councilman, John Nittoli
President of Taft PTA
President of Wilson PTA
Assistant Principal of Wilson
Some members of 7th Ward Coalition
interested citizens
Neighbor on Miller Street
City Forester
Extension Agent
Billet's Landscaping, Youngstown
Youngstown Downtown Revitalization Committee/Streetscapes

I was pleased that we got 13 people to participate. I am tired of seeing our cultural history be destroyed and this was a chance to preserve it. I invite everyone to take an interest in these bushes. If you notice any problems with the spot, let us know so we can keep it clean and vibrant. We're keeping our fingers crossed hoping they will grow.

I think everyone who participated was pleased and came away feeling good about the project. These efforts are very important because not only do they beautify our town but they renew our hope in Youngstown and advertise the fact that there truly are people who care. Please participate the next time a project comes up no matter what part of the city it's in. Those of you who have helped out in grass roots efforts know how important group effort is even if you can only participate for an hour or supply refreshments!

Take care!
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Dan

maggie

What a wonderful concept; preserving a living part of our local history, while bringing beauty to an otherwise lackluster vacant lot.  Thank you to those who cared, for your time and effort.   Kathy

jay

These residents, most of whom are from the Seventh Ward Citizens' Coalition, helped to transplant rhododendrons from Taft Elementary School to the lot at the northwest corner of Gibson Avenue and E. Indianola Avenue in Youngstown on Saturday, October 12, 2002.
The school building will be demolished in the next few weeks to make way for a new facility.

If the image did not appear, go to this link
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mahoningvalley/files/misc/rp1012.JPG