News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Yard Of The Month

Started by JoyceFarrell, June 28, 2018, 09:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

Well that's pretty awesome!

When I first saw the subject, and didn't notice who posted it, I was expecting almost waist high grass, some tires and who knows what else laying around.

JoyceFarrell

Basia Adamczak shared a link.
44 mins

We have amazing residents in Youngstown! I know that the residents of the 7th ward never cease to inspire me!
Yesterday, 7th Ward Community Police Officer, Phil Skowron, and I surprised Miss Marguerite Ornelas and her husband of Zedaker Street with the 1st YARD OF THE MONTH award.
The purpose of the YOM Award is to promote goodwill and reward exemplary lawn and property maintenance in our beautiful 7th Ward.
For years, as I drive down Zedaker, I would see Miss Marguerite outside, cleaning, pruning, planting, sprucing up her property, sweeping the sidewalks & street. I knew something needed to be put in place to honor her and those that demonstrate these exceptional efforts.
Thus the birth of the YOM Award. A monthly recipient will be chosen through October. She received a surprise visit complete with balloons, Certificate of Recognition, Yard Plaque for her to keep, a yard sign that will travel monthly to the new recipient and a gift card to Petitti Lawn and Garden for $100.
When we upkeep and take pride in our properties, not only does it effect our home directly, but the community at large! I want to thank all of those residents that do an outstanding job in helping sustain our 7th Ward and Youngstown! And a special Congratulations to Miss Marguerite Ornelas, "YOM Winner for May 2018"!!