News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Redroom Bar on Market & Indianola

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, July 30, 2006, 01:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

What is the club's responsibility for outside secutity at the end of the evening?  There are many clubs and bars in Youngstown.  The police department can't provide special security for all of them.

AllanY2525

Quote from: BELLAMY on July 30, 2006, 01:13:50 PM
My wife and our two young daughters are house sitters for my mother's home that is located just around the corner from the Redroom Bar on Market & Indianola.  Actually,  we can see the bar from the back yard of this home.  Almost every other weekend there are fights and gunshots outside of this location at closing time.  The Cops know that and they always show up after the violence is over...You would think that if we knew the routine of theses [mostly white] bar patrons then the Cops should know it too. 

If the Cops just showed up outside of the bar at closing time, then the bar patrons would just all go home peacefully.  Remember,  that crime and violence is based on the "Opportunity" to do crime and violence.  Take away the opportunity factor and thus better manage the Crime and Violence problem...Simple isn't...now that's good police work...Even I know that!

And,.. Yes Rufus Hudson was dead wrong in his assessment about Youngstown's crime problem...Incarceration is not the cure or the reason for crime in Youngstown...It's the proper management of crime that will change the crime stats in Youngstown...But first you must elect political leaders that have street level respect and we don't have anyone downtown with that.  But its coming in 2007...

Incarceration is not the cure for crime - it is the consequences of COMMITTING a crime - just as it SHOULD be.  Take away the consequences of  (ie: accountability for) crimes, and you'll
REALLY see a crime wave like this city has never seen.  Having said this, I agree that more preventative measures could and should be taken by the YPD and Mahoning County
Sheriffs. 

I have driven past the Red Room at closing time on many nights, and the YPD WAS outside, to ensure an orderly and peaceful exodus from this club by its patrons on many of
these occasions.

jay

The citizens in that neighborhood do have an option to deal with a bar that has problems.  The precinct can be voted dry.  People have voted precincts dry before, and they can do it again.

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

My wife and our two young daughters are house sitters for my mother's home that is located just around the corner from the Redroom Bar on Market & Indianola.  Actually,  we can see the bar from the back yard of this home.  Almost every other weekend there are fights and gunshots outside of this location at closing time.  The Cops know that and they always show up after the violence is over...You would think that if we knew the routine of theses [mostly white] bar patrons then the Cops should know it too. 

If the Cops just showed up outside of the bar at closing time, then the bar patrons would just all go home peacefully.  Remember,  that crime and violence is based on the "Opportunity" to do crime and violence.  Take away the opportunity factor and thus better manage the Crime and Violence problem...Simple isn't...now that's good police work...Even I know that!

And,.. Yes Rufus Hudson was dead wrong in his assessment about Youngstown's crime problem...Incarceration is not the cure or the reason for crime in Youngstown...It's the proper management of crime that will change the crime stats in Youngstown...But first you must elect political leaders that have street level respect and we don't have anyone downtown with that.  But its coming in 2007...