News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"How Phil Kidd can secure the black vote"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, January 11, 2013, 10:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Do you and Irishbob know something the rest of us do not?
I agree with many that Kidd may not have the experience at his early age but I have made suggestions that if he develops advisors around him that have TRACK record in his shortfalls, he may be one of the smartest in Youngstown, Smart enough to know he does not know.  I can really see it now Kidd being advised by let's say Alex of Brilex, Judge Belingki, even Bob Barko in Youngstown historic matters.  True people that know what is going on in Youngstown and have backing.

jay

I don't believe PK will run for mayor this year.

I agree with Irishbobcat, a run for President of Council would be a better fit for him at this time.  As an independent candidate, he would not run in the primary election.  He could focus all of his efforts on the fall general election.  As President of Council, he would have a chance to demonstrate his organizational skills and turn the council meetings into something more than the current shortcut circus.  After a successful term as President of Council, he could then set his sights on the position of mayor in a future election.

Youngstownshrimp

You know this maybe just the site in lieu of FB's "Kidd for Mayor."  FB format does not lend itself to this "old" style of knock down drag out debate. 
How can we link this to FB for a fatter substance?

irishbobcat

I think Phil runs for Council President.....negates naysayers who yell he has no experience in politics or governing....and since the position is more "pomp" he campaigns on his new vision of what he would like to see the position evolve into...and can ask what will really be the difference if Chuck and Tito switch positions?

Towntalk

Me thinks you might have hit the nail right square on the cranium my friend. From everything you have told us about this cemetary it should go on the national register, and this would be a real plus for the Black community, for it would be something for them to rally around.

Youngstownshrimp

All over the blogs Phil Kidd is touted as one of the candidates for Youngstown Mayor.  Most of the media do not even consider nor mention his name, because they consider him a long shot.  I'm going to put aside my past frustration with the Kidd and study his potential.
Kidd may turn out to be a wild card that just might sweep into the Mayoral seat.  Think about it, McNally IMO will not be able to get a black vote turnout which all candidates need to win.  For Tito Brown, it is a given.  But for Kidd, he has the background of community organizing which used properly just may open that hugh door.  Plus his grassroots appeal and youth is unique to only him.
Now, here is a ready made natural community project for Mr. Kidd to blast through the door of the black community.  We blogged here about the Mt. Hope Cemetary insolvency and presently black churches maybe splintered in reorganizing this historic cemetary.  IF  Mr. Kidd were to take on this project to organize all the black churches to take control of this cemetary because funding is available (not tax funding), this project would put Kidd in the public eye and demonstrate his organizing skills.  This alone will propel him right up there with the top contenders.