News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Any Japanese Beetles Spotted This Year?

Started by jay, July 02, 2011, 08:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

My traps have not caught as many beetles as in the past.  Maybe I did a really good job at reducing the population last year.

Shar

I spotted a couple of them here on the north side today. 

jay

Most neighbors do not appreciate the benefit they receive from the beetle removal.  I wish they would at least chip in for the bait from time to time.

;D

Shar

I wish you lived in my neighborhood Jay so you could have mine too!!  I can't get my neighbors to put them out...LOL.  I still haven't spotted any in my yard yet. 

jay

I spotted my first Japanese Beetle in the Cornersburg area today.  A half hour later I put out the trap.  By the end of the day I caught over 100 beetles.

Rick Rowlands

sfc_oliver

I spotted a few in the roses and yesterday saw 2 on my corn.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Shar

My FIL in Boardman has seen a few at his house. I still have not spotted any here at my house on the North side. I have a friend south of Cleveland that is loaded with them this year!

jay

I talked with someone today who claims to have already found Japanese Beetles in his yard.  He also used the milky spore on his lawn.

Shar

I am not planning on finding very many this year. This is my third summer after I used the milky spore so I am hoping for the best!!

jay

We are approaching Japanese Beetle season in the Youngstown area.

Please list your first Japanese Beetle sighting for 2011 and give the approximate location of your find.