News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mahoning River Corridor of Opportunity

Started by KenneyJoe, February 17, 2004, 06:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey362

For years and years, Strouss' and McKelveys ran profitable business in the downtown area.  I'm sure they didn't get everything that they sold in pickup trucks.

The Downtown area needs big name stores to move back here.  A lot of little specialty stores would probably work once people knew that they were there.  As of right now, there is NO reason to go downtown.

KenneyJoe

If YOU were a trucker (tractor trailer) and had "stuff" to deliver to a company in the "Mahoning River Corridor of Opportunity" how would you get there (quickest which is usually the shortest and may not be the most legal)
A. New York City area?
B. Chicago area?
Conversely if you were a big rig driver and had "stuff" to deliver to New York City area or Chicago area.  What LOCAL STREETS would you use to exit the area ? Remember you are NOT in a personal vehicle!  
I hope I have given you something to think about and realize that YOU are part of "Plan" and can have a say!