News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Citywide Cleanup - Saturday, May 22

Started by jay, May 03, 2010, 08:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Rushblvd

The city needs to do a WEED-WACKEY SAT. Everyone come out with a weed wacker and start doing the empty lots...

Elmo-Ytown

I found one of my hats is made in Shri Lanka

jay

The gloves were made in china.
The T-shirts were made in el salvador.

???    :P    :'(

sfc_oliver

Quote from: west side nosey neighbors on May 22, 2010, 12:17:40 PM
Picked up some supplies-bags and gloves. They told us to call them Monday with the locations for trash pick up. Still planning on doing some cleaning. Also went to the cemetery this morning. A special thanks to those who put up all the flags. I was even able to get a flag for my dad who does not have a head stone yet ( it is on order). Does anyone know how I can volunteer to help with the flags next year?

Depends upon the Cemetery. Most of the Cemeteries are done by or organized by Veterans groups. My American legion Post does 2 each year in Lowellville. There is usually a meeting at the Veterans Service Commission near the end of April, where they give out the flags to the organizations in charge of each area.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

northside lurker

The Garden District Neighborhood still cleaned up today.  Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) I went back to bed after finding out that the event had been canceled.  So, everyone else cleaned without me.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Shirley

Picked up some supplies-bags and gloves. They told us to call them Monday with the locations for trash pick up. Still planning on doing some cleaning. Also went to the cemetery this morning. A special thanks to those who put up all the flags. I was even able to get a flag for my dad who does not have a head stone yet ( it is on order). Does anyone know how I can volunteer to help with the flags next year?

Mary_Krupa

Yes, too bad so many of us are afraid of Mother Nature. It's good for kids and everyone who is healthy to get out in the rain and move around. That's why we have boots and rain gear.  I once worked at a summer camp where it was absolutely required that the kids had to pack rain gear. The rain didn't stop us unless it was an electrical storm. The kids at the camp were inner city kids -- nobody died or got sick.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

iwasthere

ytown residents do not need a specified date to cleanup their neighborhoods. ytown residents can do it any time they want. we do it in the seventh ward all the time.

john r. swierz

I was told that many youth groups had signed up and I'm sure the parents did'nt want them to work in  the rain and in wet grass as they picked up litter.

AllanY2525

As all of the people who are signing up for the citywide cleanup are
volunteers, one would think that ANY-weight volunteers will do
quite nicely.

The litter isn't going anywhere on it's own - it will still be there when
the weather clears up....the city should just be grateful that ordinary
citizens are willing to clean up the mess - without being paid.

;D

Why?Town

Quote from: john r. swierz on May 21, 2010, 08:25:42 PM
  I was told that if it is raining steady  at 7 AM that would probably call off the clean up but not the electronics drive

What a bunch of lightweights! The Mill Creek Park Earthday cleanup has been happening for several years RAIN or SHINE! Today we are placing flags on the graves of the veterans to honor their service.

Quote from: john r. swierz on May 22, 2010, 07:57:57 AM
    I believe that they are going to re schedule the clean up for next Saturday

What if it rains next Saturday too?

Shirley

Jay, you might want to call 330-744-7526
and listen to the message. She also gives her cell phone. I think she said she would still be at the Covelli Centre if you wanted to pick up supplies. Electronics drive still on.

john r. swierz

I believe that they are going to re schedule the clean up for next Saturday

jay

Will they still be handing out the supplies?  Today is the only day I can pick them up.

john r. swierz

I was told that if it is raining steady  at 7 AM that would probably call off the clean up but not the electronics drive