News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Questionare

Started by Towntalk, September 23, 2014, 11:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

In between intermissions we would go up to that last row in the balcony to see the shows. Great times, great shows. Even greater music.

iwasthere

Towntalk

And I worked at Powers for three years before I retired. The observation was made by Mistro Fletcher concerning the concerts at Powers. That auditorium should be full for every concert all the way up to the very last row in the balcony.

iwasthere

i volunteer my time and pay from time to time at those places that you mentioned, tt.

Towntalk

QUESTIONARE:

Youngstown has more than it's share of great entertainment venues, yet for all the talk about supporting local businesses and groups, we talk the talk, but refuse to walk the walk, and in the eyes of those that do, that makes this city full of self righteous hypocrites, plain and simple, and if anyone doesn't like the harshness of that designation, too bad, you've brought it on yourselves.
How many of you have ever set foot in Powers Auditorium to see a concert by the Youngstown Symphony Orchestra?
How many of you have ever set foot in Stambaugh Auditorium to see a show?
How many of you have ever attended a play at the Youngstown Playhouse?
You'll run off to anything that is free and swear that that event was the greatest thing since the very first Christmas, but you'll never park yourselves in a seat at one of the above venues, and then you wonder why there aren't more things to do in the city.

Thanks to a friend, I'm able to attend concerts at Powers Auditorium, and occassionally Stambaugh Auditorium, but what's your excuse?
"I'm not into classical music ... classical music is not all that this orchestra plays" you say, so that is a pathetic excuse. Remember that this orchestra went on tour with Barry Manilow, and he's no opera singer.