News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

More Retire/Rehire

Started by jay, January 17, 2013, 05:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

dont kneed 2 no how 2 spel in da 20 furst centuree... :laugh:

Why?Town

iwasthere

the ytown city rehired employees what were thier talents that no one else were qualified to do thier positions?

jay

According to a recent story in the Youngstown newspaper, four city employees retired and were rehired by the Sammarone administration.  That's four good jobs that a younger person will not have the opportunity to fill.

:P

iwasthere

when i retired at the yg age of 48 yrs from my job i could go back to work for certain amt of time per yr and hr per wk that would not affect my pension. my job was blue collar.

irishbobcat

More often than not, retire/rehire is limited to administrative positions.....

jay

I wonder how many other city employees were given the privilege of retiring and then being rehired to do the same job.

???

iwasthere

yes it irks me to no end. the ytown council could have said no to this last month but they did not but they jumped up and down and ard sam and boz singing praises to them.

jay

On the TV news this afternoon

The Youngstown Finance Director just retired and was rehired into the same position by the Sammarone Administration.  His salary will be in excess of $80,000.

Doesn't this retire/rehire policy bother anyone?

The younger people in our community also need good paying jobs.