News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Why Not Youngstown? Morgantown City Council Bans Fracking!

Started by irishbobcat, September 29, 2012, 10:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Dennis,
Everywhere I read and bump into antifrackers, they all have the same rehearsed talking points, what's with that?  BTW, the Clean water act question has been addressed all over the web, infact go to GoMarcellusshale.com and on the upper right side of the window, you can search this, we at GMS covered this several months ago.  In addition, in my dealings with the bureaucracy in shrimp farming, the State EPA educated me on NPDES (national pollution discharge elimination system) and it is very thorough for all industries who discharge effluent.  The Clean water act has been more than satisfied with the frack effluent and obviously needs no further action by the industry.  And yet, the antifrackers keep bringing it up as if there is some type of Kennedy conspiracy. 

Rick Rowlands

Coca cola is safe, but good luck getting them to reveal their secret recipe.

irishbobcat

I guess I don't buy into taking fracking money that can pollute our lands and waters with toxic chemicals.
I can't sleep with that on my conscience, but I guess folks like Ron, Rick, and Towntalk can....
If drilling is safe, then please ask the drilling companies to list ALL chemicals used in their process....
I don't care if they have a "secret sauce recipe" that makes up their fluids....disclose it now if all chemicals are safe....

Youngstownshrimp

Rick, nice summation.
Dennis, a diner owner on the eastside was ready to close his business and move to Florida....he got $70,000 just for his bonus.  He hired more workers now for his restaurant and is upgrading his commercial kitchen redistributing wealth locally the right way.   The second largest black church in Youngstown, had about 120 vacant lots and was struggling to pay the property taxes like many of us...the church got $120,000 just for the signing bonus and has completely restored their historic temple on the northside redistributing wealth locally, taxes are current.  A historic property owner in Poland, leased 20 acres and is restoring a registered historic home in Poland and is redistributing wealth to craftsmen and suppliers locally.  He is redistributing wealth to Banner Supply of Youngstown, Ace lumber and two workers from Youngstown.  The old Poland bakeshop after 30 years sat vacant in bakruptcy court for three years.  A company with oil and gas proceeds purchased the building and is removating the gem for a Cupcakery out of Struthers, redistributing money locally.
These are the facts my friend and can be witnessed throughout the Utica Shale in Ohio.  This is just the tip of the iceberg and one can imagine the wealth once drilling takes place in Youngstown.  From the smallest residential lot to the City acreage, revenue will flood in, God blessed Youngstown and I do not see why.  The entire world waited for science to prove horizontal drilling as unsafe .....nothing was proven.

irishbobcat

Rick, so you are saying the fracking companies use the same amount of toxic chemicals in a fracking hole
that I use in my house? HA HA HA...I don't think so......you kill me.....

Rick Rowlands

Can't drive a car without toxic chemicals
Can't clean your house without toxic chemicals
Can't run a school without toxic chemicals
Can't live without toxic chemicals

irishbobcat

The wealth may be in the ground...just don't pump toxic chemicals into it that will poison our
land and water......

When you can frack without toxic chemicals and such, then go to it.....If you can't frack without
toxic chemicals and such....don't.....

Rick Rowlands

The wealth is in the ground Dennis, and if it was up to you that wealth would remain out of reach of the people on the surface who need it most!

Rick Rowlands

Everyone who knows anything about the Utica Shale drilling knows that the last thing any of these companies want to do is pollute the environment.  Safety and environmental stewardship really is their first priority. It is a culture that they have developed and is so much different than the old ways of drilling for gas and oil.  And these companies are ready and willing to respond to any accidents that will inevitably happen. 

I get the feeling that those opposed to all of this either are 1) jealous that they don't have land and can't make any money off of it, 2) are so entrenched with the post steel mill mentality that they cannot believe that prosperity can ever return to the MV and are extremely suspicious of anything that will bring prosperity back, or 3) are just plain old loony toon environmentalists who don't have the capacity for rational thought.

irishbobcat

Youngstown is now one of the richest cities in the world? Ron, have you driven around the city lately?
Youngstown isn't getting rich...the CEO's on the 87th floor are getting rich...and they don't live in Youngstown...
and they probably dine with Mitt Romney on occasion....

Towntalk

Shrimp: As I said elsewhere, I have no objections to fracking that is well supervised ... what I want for Youngstown is a return to the days when Youngstown's unemployment was low ... when jobs were easy to come by, and people prospered.

Those who oppose fracking would have also opposed locating steel mills here, yet at their peak our mills made Youngstown the fourth largest steel producer in the U.S. We had a thriving city ... we had a downtown shopping district ... the arts thrived ... we had first class schools. All those things can hold true again, but if the anti-frackers have their way Youngstown will soon become a mere shadow of what it already is today.

Because of the layout of the Youngstown Metropolitan Area Struthers, Poland, Boardman, Austintown, Campbell, Girard and even Hubbard are impacted by what happens in Youngstown impacts upon them and if Youngstown once again prospers, so will they.

Youngstownshrimp

Read my post at GoMarcellusshale.com  on how Russia is funding the antifrackers and not for Marxism.
Refer to all the business journals and conclude that with the price of NG on the global spot market is $15 to $20 and Russia is the largest exporter in the world of NG and oil.....yes, larger than Saudi Arabia.  Because of the success of fracking, in two years the US has NG for $3, the lowest price in the world.
Russia and the rest of the world for now is behind in horizontal drilling technology.  Yes, we as with Facebook are the most advanced in this state-of-the-art.
Summation, PA and  Ohio are the talk of the world in energy and at $3 , we can undercut the world in supplying NG now.  This is a threat to Russia and even Poland's hugh shale formation is being suppressed by Russia until they learn to frack. 
Youngstown is now one of the richest City's in the world with its minerals and yet the global energy companies are plucking the acreage for a song.  As we build infrastructure to pipe our minerals out, we will certainly recieve the world price of $15 to $20 , causing a hyperboom in the local economy.  Those who oppose fracking are advertently or inadvertently aiding the Russians. 

northside lurker

Where do they propose drilling?  Some people might be more accepting, if they knew more details, and could be reassured that there would be no drilling in parks, or in residential neighborhoods, and were limited to rural/industrial areas.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

No it won't ... I'm being cremated and my ashes will be planted in the family plot in Clearfield, Pa. and a rose bush will be my marker. Talk about being environmentally friendly.

irishbobcat

Yup, towntalk, we have everything to lose.....our land and water to toxic chemicals through drilling and accidents....
All we have left is our land and water.....and I would hate to lose that as well....
If you support fracking, please allow them to frack under your casket someday...but leave my land and water alone....