News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Super Fantastic Shale News

Started by Towntalk, March 23, 2013, 11:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

The reason why I refrain from making comments on this topic is because I'm woefully ignorent about it, but I do have my own personal opinions which favor these projects 100%. Youngstown and the valley would blossem as it's never blossemed before ... our university would gain emencely just as it gained thanks to the steel industry ... remember Youngstown College was little more than a business school when the YMCA started it, but look at it today ... office space downtown would be at a premium with the influx of new busiunesses ... add to what's already developing downtown, there will be new retail businesses looking to capitolize on the growth. In time, even the arts will benefit.

I know that some folks aren't the least bit interested in our history, but prior to the rapid growth of the steel industry, Youngstown had very little to offer, but by 1910, Youngstown was rated as one of the wealthiest city's in the mid-west, and if we play our cards right, it can happen again.

Youngstownshrimp

Thought?
Some nice hard facts would be appreciated?

TT, you rock when it comes to research, we could use someone like you on Gomarcellusshale.com
We are now putting together a solidarity landowner association to combat the abuse we have been taking.  We are very strong in numbers, thousands of hits when we discuss.  Many times 1 hit per minute.  Please visit this site.  You being in Youngstown is affected by our energy wealth.

Billy Mumphrey

I thought I read on the internet that there could be some safety concerns with this plant since it is being built only a mile away from the schools?