News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Downtowns Past Businesses"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, September 12, 2010, 11:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

When I first moved into Youngstown from Poland, people told me I was going the wrong way, everyone is moving the other way.  I was excited and believed YTown could rise again.  That time they were renovating the B&0 , the City I believed gave the project over a million and we all enjoyed the B&0, the few of us.  After a few years, the grand station went bankrupt.  Across the street another beautiful project, on the river to boot, this one lasted a littler longer, how much did the City pony up?  Then came the Entertainment district, good move by Simon and others, the Bean counter arrived, gone.  Bernard walked into my store yesterday and memories came back when he opened the Core, history now.

The "Stone" is our latest one, of course with help from the tax payer.   The question is not if many of these business start ups were honorable, the issue here is do we have any business sense at all?  Can we dig deeper and discover that maybe now is the time to have one of those "For Profit" entities come in and manage us like an enterprise rather than leave us to our own folly.