News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Susie's Dawgs and Drafts

Started by Billy Mumphrey, March 11, 2014, 03:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

GOOD to know!  We will definitely check it out.

~ Normal is overrated ~

northside lurker

Quote from: Peggy Gurney on April 15, 2014, 06:28:44 AM
In the Martini Bar?  I was under the impression it was just that - a Martini Bar.
huh, I will have to check it out then.

Thanks!

You might be thinking of Imbibe, which really is just a martini bar; it's down the street a little, on the other side of Downtown Circle.

The "Martini" in Martini Brothers Burger Bar is just a name, they specialize in burgers. (but, like Suzie's, also serve alcohol)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Peggy Gurney

In the Martini Bar?  I was under the impression it was just that - a Martini Bar.
huh, I will have to check it out then.

Thanks!
~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

?I see families in there all the time with there children.

Peggy Gurney

Yeah but I can't take my son in there.

~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

Martinis bar the former lemon grove has games too.

Peggy Gurney

I've taken my son there a few times. It is "ok", but not my first pick for a place to eat out.
My son likes the games and pinball machine though, so I guess that make it worth the $, for us.
~ Normal is overrated ~

northside lurker

I recently paid another visit, and service was fine, again.  They were out of chocolate ice cream, though.  So I got a strawberry/peanut butter shake.  Mmm!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

Sounds like capitalism to me, and the phrase "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" comes to mind.

Can't we all just get along? :)

Youngstownshrimp

Wow, sounds like a lawsuit, or at least a black eye for YTown.

iwasthere

Did happy dogs patent thier idea and copy write their name? My opinion the article is making   mountain out of mole hill.

TrueDevotion

I have been there a few times, always out of toppings and have messed orders up for people in my party.

I don't know how I feel about the place after reading this: http://cleveland52.com/2014/03/28/suzie-we-stole-a-bar-the-happy-dog/

Irishbobcat

Went today to try it for lunch. My wait time was short.

ytowner

I went the first weekend. It took 30 minutes before they took our order and then over 35 more minutes to get our food. They are hot dogs. They are not grilled. Boil a bunch and like an assembly line put them into the bread/bun and put the toppings on them.

I won't be going back until I hear the service improves.

northside lurker

Quote from: Why?Town on March 15, 2014, 10:11:57 PM
$4 a dog? seems pretty steep to me. 40 minute wait? would have been seated in another restaurant by then.

The dog, itself, if just a base for the toppings, and I think it's the toppings that make the $4 justified.  But, even if it's just the base, I had a co-worker who thought the hot-dog was too big. (He thinks Suzie's will go out of business, unless they change to another greasy-spoon/typical hotdog shop.)

40 minutes is unacceptable, though.  Service was fine for me, when I went there.
--Thomas Edison