News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Lost Pages Bookstore Grand Opening

Started by Billy Mumphrey, April 27, 2013, 02:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Last week the book store clerk had her purse stolen.

Billy Mumphrey

I was there yesterday afternoon and it was nice to see customers in the building getting super deals on their purchases!

iwasthere

i was there this afternoon and he was on his second trip to pick-up his gift of books from his benefactor. he and his assistant carol has not come ard to inventory the books by title and nature of these books.

Towntalk

Did you get a chance to see what kind of books are there. I'm looking for books on Youngstown history.

jay

The Lost Pages Book Store just acquired a 6,000 book inventory.

Rick Rowlands

It might be a good idea for Phil Kidd to team up with Jim and move Youngstown Nation to Jim's building.  Phil could use the additional space and the expanded offerings of both might be enough to make sufficient profit to make the venture successful.  Used bookstores are kind of a thing of the past with so many people choosing not to read or own books any more, but Youngstown related products certainly is a growth industry. 

Towntalk

Lost Pages Update

What concerns me about this deal is the prices that Jim is asking for his books. Is there enough figured in to make a profit to cover his expenses? Granted, some books aren't all that expensive, but others are and should be priced accordingly. There are book dealer web sites that are used to price used books, and I hope that Jim takes advantage of them, or hires someone who is computer savvy that could help him price his books.

http://www.wkbn.com/2013/05/04/lost-pages-is-great-find/

Towntalk

I wish him well, but unless he advertizes, he'll surely have problems. Ads in The Jambar, Metro Monthly and The Vindicator on the Sunday Books page would be helpful. They don't have to be full page ads, but aside from the folks that visit our site, few people will know that there is a used book store downtown.

Billy Mumphrey

Saturday, May 4th......10am to 8pm
Lost Pages Bookstore...Used books and magazines....

Pig Iron Press Building....26 North Phelps Street, Downtown Youngstown

"For the curious eye or the inquisitive collector"