News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

South Side Hospital

Started by candy, May 30, 2006, 03:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Later reports seem to suggest that they are considering the purchase and the County Auditor warned them about the costs including a huge amount of back taxes owed to the county.

Two other individuals are looking to purchase the hospital, one being George McKelvey according to the news.

Micky

I didn't hear about Mah Co Commissioners buying the building yet but heard in April about the back taxes to the tune of 2 million $.  I sure hope that the SCDC get sued as individuals for the money.  Since they filed bancruptcy as a nonprofit business they may not be responsible to pay the back taxes. 

Great nonprofit group - they knew they weren't paying the taxes and so did the Mahoning County Treasurer's office.  Who were all the players to turn a blind eye to this from the beginning?  If it were an ordinary citizen or small business owner, the property would have been seized in a blink of an eye.  Shame on SCDC!

candy

Did I hear right? WKBN reported that the County Commissioners bought the old South Side Hospital, but the County Auditor reported that there are back taxes owed on 8 parcles to the tune of over $100,000?