News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Police/Fire Scanner Link

Started by jay, November 14, 2006, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

I can hear a hum when I have the bass turned all the way up. So far I have tried a new headphone cable, adjusting the radio and the sound card volume. The only thing I don't have extra of are the USB external sound cards so I ordered 10 of those and I'll try changing that out as soon as I get the new sound cards. I tried turning up the volume on the scanner so you didn't have to have Windows Media Player cranked up so loud to hear it. The louder the player is turned up, the more him is present. I'll keep tweeking it and see what I can do.

Thanks.

PMDragon

Hi greg,
YPD feed still has constant hum. Didn't know if you noticed it or not so , just wanted to let you know.
Appreciate your efforts.

yfdgricker

I was working on cleaning my radio area and doing some rewiring yesterday. Then after I got everything working and went to bed, we had a 4 hour power outage in my neighborhood. I'll make a few adjustments especially to the YFD feed and see if I can get rid of that.

PMDragon

Hi Greg, 
Concerning the YPD feed: A loud constant hum is present when it normally would be silent between any transmissions. Appreciate all that you've been doing. The site is much improved.
Thanks.

ForumManager

yfdgricker

It should be working now. I disconnected the scanner Saturday afternoon for a GYMA scanner club event and when I plugged it back in later Saturday evening, I plugged the stereo cable into the headphone jack instead of the mic.

If you still have any problems, let me know here. Thanks!

joly1584

I had the same problem this weekend.  Friday night and Saturday morning were okay.  Saturday evening is when I first noticed the problem.

PMDragon

Hello Greg,
The voice transmissions on the YPD feed are coming across distorted/garbled. Thanks for anything you can do.

yfdgricker

So sorry! I went in and checked on the feed and the squelch was way up. It was stuck on a not very exciting frequency! I dropped the squelch down and I'll check the audio. It may need some adjusting as well.

Again I apologize!

PMDragon

Happy New Year Greg, Umm, It sounds like your squelch on the scanner might need adjusted.? YPD feed sounds steady static noise. No voice transmissions.
(hope I'm not being a "pain") Really Really appreciate what you do. Thanks

yfdgricker

The feeds may continue to be down till the end of the week due to a mistake I made in ordering components. Turns out the new PC I bought uses a regular PC hard drive not a laptop hard drive which I bought and same with the memory stick I purchased. So I have a new HDD and Memory that will work in the new PC but it will take 3 days to get here. Again, I apologize. If I can get another computer running as a temp, I will certainly try.

On a side note, there are several fires going on in Youngstown right now and I only know where 1 is because I can't go back and replay the audio I record (it was being recorded by the computer that crashed). Drat!

PMDragon

Yes, we do appreciate greatly all the time and work put into providing us with the live feeds. Certainly no need for apologies. Good thoughts and wishes to you Greg.

ForumManager

Greg,
Please don't apologize.  You are providing a great service for our online community and we appreciate it.
FM

yfdgricker

The computer that runs the live feeds is acting up big time. It started a couple of days ago and I keep rebooting it. I have a new computer on order and UPS tracking says it will arrive on Monday. It is my hope to have it set up and running by Tuesday evening. Sorry for any inconvenience. They will be back up and running (and better than ever!)

Greg

PMDragon

Ypd feed is working but there's no audio. Tried all three scanner links. They connect but no audio on any of them.
thanks for any help you can give.