News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

October South Side Trivia - Where is this located?

Started by jay, October 18, 2002, 09:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

The building with this architectural feature is not the Donnell Ford Building on Market Street.

Hint No.3 - The building is located east of Market Street.

hn R. Swierz

Dear Jay,
        Could this building be the old Donnell Ford Building on the corner of Market St and Delason Ave. ?
It is currently Ravenwood Motors.
                                 John

KenneyJoe

:o I almost want to say the heck with where this is just look at it  :o  I know that I have a tendency to lean toward faith and religion but I was shocked to see the equiltateral triangle with wings yet ! ! !  The equilateeral triangle is used to depict The Trinity and is also used as the "halo" for God the Father in place of a circular "halo" for everyone else (including The Son and The Holy Spirit).  And then there are wings to this triangle adding even more of a spiritual/hevenly element.  The triangle can go back as far as the Pyramids of Egypt and the wings of some of their gods.  That this design of such subtle religious implication be on such a secular promotion - on stone yet - causes one to wonder about the thoughts of the person or persons who commissioned it.
Here goes one of my hints without telling exactly where it is - the directions include:  On southeast and directly north of South.
Once again Thank You Jay for a most interesting picture that goes beyond the norm!

jay

Hint No.2 - The building is located north of Indianola Avenue.

jay

This architectural feature from the early Ford Motor Company appears on a building on the South Side of Youngstown.

Where is the building located?

If the photo did not appear above, go to this link.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mahoningvalley/files/misc/woct.JPG