News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

To local Democrats

Started by Towntalk, January 21, 2010, 06:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Rick>
So you will support paying higher state taxes than federal taxes????????

I can live with that, THANKS!!!!!

Rick Rowlands

I want the Federal government to pay for national defense, national transportation systems, regulation of interstate business.  Each individual state can decide how much and what else they want to do.

I can tell that both of you are not too supportive of the idea that states should have the right to determine their own destinies and to govern themselves.  you both think government is the answer to all questions, but why would you rather have the Federal government be the answer in stead of the State governments?  Do you prefer the one size fits none approach championed by the Feds, or would you rather support fifty individually tailored solutions to fifty individual and unique situations?  Do you think that the most important problems for California citizens are the same problems that citizens of Alaska or Iowa face? How much does the population of Montana really have in common with Floridians?  The founding fathers created this country by recognizing and preserving the idea that each colony was an individual sovereign state that had its own traditions, beliefs and customs.  The Federal government was created so that each state had a framework under which they could interact with each other, and also mutually defend themselves against outside forces. 

Come on you two, there has to be somewhere that you can go to learn civics.  Are the schools that far gone that civics isn't taught at all anymore? 

iwasthere

rr do believe the country should be city-states?

irishbobcat

be specific Rick.........be specific........what do you want government to pay for, and what are you willing to fork over to private enterprises to run??????

Business will gough you more than the government,,,,,,  check your health insurance payments......or your credit card interest......

Rick Rowlands

I truly am beginning to think that you never paid attention in school when the structure of the US system of government was discussed.  I just can't believe that you don't understand.  I don't want to have to give you a civics lesson, but some remedial education is certainly necessary.

Read the Constitution Dennis.  Read the tenth amendment.  Don't get hung up on "promote the general welfare", it doesn't mean what you think it means.  The Federal government has very specific and finite powers.  Everything else is left up to the individual States.  That is where the true power to govern should be.

I would much rather give my taxes to the state government to spend on programs and services that benefit my state, instead of sending my money to Washington to have it disappear never to be seen again.  How about you?  Who would you trust to govern you more effectively?  Washington or Columbus?  Can you physically talk to one of your Federal representatives?  I have never been able to.  But I have talked directly to State Senators and Representatives both over the phone and over their kitchen table.  The state government is more responsive to my needs.

So I am not saying that all of the government programs should come to an end.  What I am saying is that the State of Ohio should have the free reign to create, implement, modify and abolish all of the current programs as it sees fit and as its citizens demand without interference from the Federal government, and without 40% of the State's GDP being sucked away.

irishbobcat

Please try to be more specific Elmo.....where do you want to live, or what services do you want local, state,
or the federal governments to provide for you, and where should such governments stick their noses?

And what areas are you and Ricky Boy willing to fork over monies to pay for such private services?

Rick Rowlands

Thanks Elmo!  I second that notion!

Elmo-Ytown

I certainly don't want to live in one where the government provides everything for me, while taking everything that I earn, and sticking their noses into every part of my life.....

irishbobcat

elmo...what country do you want to live in? A Banana Republic?

Elmo-Ytown

Who would like government?! The whole idea of this country is to keep the government small and only able to do what it needs to do. I'd rather rip on the government than have coffee with it....

irishbobcat

The reason liberal radio does not work is because liberals like government, and conservative trash radio works because those people love to hear people rip on the government......and have the I.Q. value of Rick's last post.

Towntalk

You can only blame Democrats for the demise of Air America. The ratings just weren't there, and as you know that is the life blood of any network. Ad fees are based on ratings.

Given that liberals outnumber conservatives you'd think that Air America would have had very high ratings.

Again, local stations aren't going to take on liberal talkers that can not produce huge ratings. You can't operate a radio station on the cheap and survive.

iwasthere

so much for hearing the other side of the story. :-X

Rick Rowlands

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha hehehehehehehehehehehehhehe hohohohohohohohohohohohohoho!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Towntalk