News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

To local Democrats

Started by Towntalk, January 21, 2010, 06:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Rick, that's because there is very little thought process going on when people demonize corporations. How dare they actually make a product , give people jobs that pay a livable wage, and still make a profit.

I can't figure out the problem either.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

What is the earnings threshold at which a business officially starts screwing its employees?

I don't understand the hostility that some people have toward corporations.  Corporations exist solely at the desire of the people. Without customers who WILLINGLY purchase what a corporation produces, that corporation will cease to exist.   Bethlehem Steel ceased to exist when steel buyers stopped buying their wide flange beams and instead bought more inexpensive beams from Nucor Yamato.  Here was Bethlehem, number 2 steelmaker in the country, who built the great guns of our battleships, rolled 2/3 of the steel that holds up New York City, and erected the Golden Gate Bridge.  They were one of those "evil" corporations, but ultimately we no match for the power of the people.

Why the contradiction?  Why do you talk out of one side of your mouth and state that big corporations screw their employees and then turn around and continue to support the existence of those corporations buy purchasing their products?  Why did this valley roll over begging and pleading to GM not to close Lordstown?  GM is by definition a "big corporation", so seeing its plant leave Lordstown should be cause for celebration by irishbobcat since those 3,000 people are no longer being screwed by big corporations.  Nevermind that they are now living under a bridge or in a shelter, at least they are not being screwed any longer. 

I just don't understand your thought process.

iwasthere

Quote from: Why?Town on January 31, 2010, 11:25:58 AM
But it doesn't explain "How screwed would the working class be if there were no "big business" around to employ them?"

Could you please answer the question that was asked of you?
working class would be screwed if there was no small businesses not big businesses.

Towntalk

I agree.

Answer Rick's question.

Think about this also ... when the mills were up and running (big business) the Struthers School System benefitted from it. Where's the money coming from today?

Rick's question was neither liberal or conservative. It's a question that both sides are asking.

Why?Town

Quote from: irishbobcat on January 31, 2010, 11:07:56 AM
Rick,  you are a conservative, and that explains a lot.

But it doesn't explain "How screwed would the working class be if there were no "big business" around to employ them?"

Could you please answer the question that was asked of you?

irishbobcat

Rick,  you are a conservative, and that explains a lot.

Rick Rowlands

How screwed would the working class be if there were no "big business" around to employ them? 

irishbobcat

I rather be a friend to the working class than a friend to big business which screws the working class......

now that's PANDERING......

Dan's 15 minutes of fame ends May 5th, 2010....the day after Ryan sweeps him off his conservative Republican feet.....

Rick Rowlands

Why do you have to be a "friend" of any class? Is that not considered" pandering to special interests"? 

irishbobcat

Dan, you are not "the man" or a friend to the poor, working, or middle classes.......

you lose, May 4th.....

Dan Moadus

No problem "iwasthere", Tim Ryan sounds more like your man.

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on January 28, 2010, 01:11:53 PM
Excellent comments by Rick Rowlands. Couldn't agree with you more.
dan you are type of person who would make anti-child labor laws and unions illegal in this country thanks but no thanks.

Dan Moadus

Excellent comments by Rick Rowlands. Couldn't agree with you more.

iwasthere

i support individual state rights but with the federal government as safe keeper of the constitution that gives fair balance with local, state and federal governments.

Rick Rowlands

ONLY if Federal taxes are reduced dramatically to reflect the new limited role ofthe Federal government.  I will not support higher state taxes and the current Federal taxation rates.