News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Health Care Telephone Town Hall

Started by jay, August 19, 2009, 10:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I received one of those prerecorded calls last night, unfortunately I could not be home at 10 this morning because of a medical appointment.

I figured I wouldn't get to ask him my question anyway.

I was going to say that;  2 1/2 years ago when I went to your office for help with a medical problem, I was told by your office to "expect to lose"  (still working to resolve it through other means) so how can I believe that You (Congressman Ryan) care about my health care today.

My bet is if I did make it past the screeners that he would have had a pretty little political answer prepared.

Oh and he did leave a message this morning saying that he was sorry he missed me.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Review of Ryan's so-called "Town Hall:

All the calls were pre-screened ... Ryan's office picked the people who would be allowed to participate.

Several people who had been called (recorded message) were quite negative about the whole thing.

The whole thing was a sham.

Towntalk

Now there's talk in the Senate to split in two the Senate's version of the Healthcare bill.

Part 1 would come to the floor using the reconciliation procedure which requires only 51 votes and no filibuster.

A.   Federal subsidies to buy insurance.
B.   Expansion of Medicaid
C.   New taxes to pay for these items.

Part 2 would require 60 votes to overcome filibuster

A.   Require most Americans to carry
B.   Prohibit insurers from rejecting customers over ore-existing conditions
C.   Cap out of pocket expenses.

The gray area – Its not clear where these provisions would fit.

A Establish a public health-insurance plan or a non-profit co-operatives to compete with private insurers.
B. Set up exchanges where people can comparison shop for insurance.

Towntalk

Will it be broadcast, and if so what station will carry it and when?

ytowner

jay

I understand Congressman Ryan will hold a telephone Town Hall about health care on Thursday, August 20.  I wonder how many people will be able to participate in this event.