News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

'Smart Grid' Gets a Boost from Feds.

Started by irishbobcat, June 11, 2009, 04:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Yes I did have you confused.  I thought Spisak wrote that!  I was sure that it was Dennis.  Good impersonation of him.

Why?Town

Are you calling me an "envirowacko/pro big brother extremist"?

My post was a light hearted attempt to state MY plans. It had nothing to do with you being, or not being, a redneck hillbilly.

It would be arrogant of me to "dictate to others what their lifestyle choices should be", that's why I have not nor will I ever do such a thing.

Also, if you think I have policies, of any kind, let alone policies that create problems, you must have me confused with someone else.

Rick Rowlands

Trying to make me sound as if I am some redneck hillbilly shows just how out of touch the envirowacko/pro big brother extremists are. 

Your arrogance is as tounding, thinking that you and your kind should have the power to dictate to others what their lifestyle choices should be.

The only reason that there would be any power shortages is because of your policies.  No coal or nuclear power plants, just windmills and solar panels.  You are trying to create problems where none exist, which of course means stupid solutions have to be dreamed up to solve these new made up problems, all with the end result of micromanaging the lives of all Americans. 

Why?Town

Rick,

The answer, for those of us that need to keep our individual freedoms and liberties intact, is to buy a big honkin', dinosaur burnin' generator. It'd be used when the feds cut your power, just like when there's a normal power outage now.

When the time comes, I plan to be sittin' on mine with my shotgun and a six pack.

Rick Rowlands

Quote from: irishbobcat on June 11, 2009, 04:24:21 AM
What smart grid visionaries see coming are home thermostats and appliances that adjust automatically depending on the cost of power;

Say goodbye to the ability to adjust your home thermostat according to YOUR needs.  With the "Smart Grid" Big Brother will reach into your very home, turning on and off your
appliances and heat at whim.  Never mind that you may need to run your dryer now so you have clothes to wear for that important meeting.  If Big Brother thinks you should run
the dryer at midnight well you'll just have to wear something else!

Its amazing that so many Americans, who were born and raised with the notions of individual freedom and liberty in their heads, would willingly submit to yet another intrusion
on our personal liberties.   But you all have been dumbed down.  You wouldn't know what to do with personal liberty if you had it. 

BTW Dennis there is nothing stopping solar and wind generation from being fed into the grid now.  So where you get the basis for your comment I do not know. The problem with
solar and wind is that they don't produce very much power and are cost prohibitive. 

irishbobcat

'Smart Grid' Gets a Boost from Feds.

'Smart Grid' Gets a Boost from Feds. By H. Josef Herbert, AP, June 6, 2009. "The nation's electricity distribution system, an aging spider web of power lines, is poised to move into the digital age... The 'smart grid' has become the buzz of the electric power industry, at the White House and among members of Congress. President Barack Obama says it's essential to boost development of wind and solar power, get people to use less energy and to tackle climate change. What smart grid visionaries see coming are home thermostats and appliances that adjust automatically depending on the cost of power; where a water heater may get juice from a neighbor's rooftop solar panel; and where on a scorching hot day a plug-in hybrid electric car charges one minute and the next sends electricity back to the grid to help head off a brownout. It is where utilities get instant feedback on a transformer outage, shift easily among energy sources, integrating wind and solar energy with electricity from coal-burning power plants, and go into homes and businesses to automatically adjust power use based on prearranged agreements... Hundreds of technology companies and almost every major electric utility company see smart grid as the future. That interest got a boost with the availability of $4.5 billion in federal economic recovery money for smart grid technology."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once the smart grid is in place, there is no stopping solar and wind power....and we can begin to lessen our dependence on coal, oil, and nukes as power resources. Dennis Spisak
Mahoning Valley Green Party
Ohio Green Party

www.ohiogreens.org

www.votespisak.org/thinkgreen/