News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Mayor And Council Are Expected To Attend

Started by jay, June 10, 2009, 04:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

rr none of them showed up to support carol reghetti. the other westside rep. paul drennan was either awol or mia. drennan will use the excuse that he was at his office. if drennan is going to use his daytime job as an excuse to miss any meetings that deals with the westside, he must resign his position as council rep for the westside. drennan, kitchen, brown and tarpley knew this council job is a forty-hour commitment, not a paper route adventure. swierz is in florida. annie gilliam is usually at these community meetings, she must have been busy doing her ward business at that time. the others do not have an excuse. where was jay williams or jason whitehead? whithead is being paid to be the so-called chief of staff, he should have been there too. if, williams could not make it. whitehead is paid an annual salary $65,000-$85,000. whitehead should show some attempt of earning this salary even if heart is still living in the suburbs.

rusty river

jay

Needed: Someone to conduct a seance

The spirits of the mayor and six councilmen must have been in the meeting room.  The residents just couldn't communicate with them.

Shar

The west side will not be the only side of Youngstown without a public library.  They closed the North Side branch a few years ago. 

iwasthere

jay

That leaves the mayor and six councilmembers.

john r. swierz

Jay, I am sorry that I am unable to attend because I am in Florida celebrating my grandsons 1st birthday.  I am there in spirit.

jay

Residents of the west side are expecting Mayor Williams and City Council to attend the Library Board meeting on Thursday, June 11, 4:00 p.m. at the Boardman Branch Library.   This will be a true test of this administration's political power.

FYI
The Library Board wants to permanently close the West Side Library.  If this library closes, the west side will be the only side of Youngstown without a public library.