News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Why is Charlie Wilson AWOL from Congress?

Started by irishbobcat, June 09, 2009, 07:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

So true Rick, there isn't one of them that I would vote for again.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

Any day that we can keep a legislator from voting is one more day that he is not trying to take away our freedoms.  My question is not why isn't Charlie Wilson in DC, but how can we keep the other 534 members away as well!

iwasthere

did good ole charlie lost the map to d.c.? did he hire his son jason to drive him to washington d.c.? i heard david allen is going to run for this congressional seat when it opens up again, as a republican, which surprised me.

irishbobcat

Why is Charlie Wilson AWOL from Congress?

Last week Charlie Wilson again started missing votes in the U.S. House of Representatives.  According to the Internet site Mega-Votes:

Transportation Security Administration Authorization Act -   This bill would authorize programs, advisory groups and spending to improve security at U.S. airports and rail systems. It also prohibits the TSA from using whole-body imaging machines at primary security checkpoints of airports. Rep. Charlie Wilson voted Not Voting

Federal Employees Paid Parental Leave Act 
The House approved this bill that would provide paid leave to federal employees for 4 of the 12 weeks of parental leave available to them. Rep. Charlie Wilson voted Not Voting

Why do we pay Charlie Wilson $174,000 a year if he won't show up and represent the district on house votes?

Charlie Wilson is in the house on my tax dollars. I expect him to be there in the next week to vote on the following issues:

Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2009 - H.R.2346

The House and Senate are both expected to vote on final approval of this war supplemental bill.

Foreign Relations Authorization Act, Fiscal Years 2010 and 2011 - H.R.2410

The House is scheduled to vote on this bill that would authorize funding for the Department of State and the Peace Corps through fiscal year 2011.

Pakistan Enduring Assistance and Cooperation Enhancement Act of 2009 - H.R.1886

The House is expected to work on this bill to authorize democratic, economic and security assistance to Pakistan.

If Charlie Wilson doesn't want to do his job, which is to vote and represent the district, he should be removed from Congress in 2010!

Dennis Spisak
Mahoning Valley Green Party
Ohio Green Party
www.ohiogreens.org
www.votespisak.org/thinkgreen/