News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Election issues-Defense Spending

Started by irishbobcat, August 22, 2008, 11:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

One of the provisions of the oath that the Congress as well as the President take is to protect this country from all enemies at home and abroad.

Are you suggesting that we should reduce defense spending to the level that it was at prior to WWII when our troops were forced to train with toy guns and fake armour?

One of the single most basic tasks of Congress is to see to it that we never again find ourselves in the same position that we were in prior to WWII.

Is there waste? Certainly, just as there is waste, graft and corruption in the social programs, and that waste must be addressed.

Russia and China certainly are not sitting back and cutting their defense spending ... in point of fact they are increasing it.

And just what percentage of our budget should go into social programs that are already mismanaged?

By what percentage would you have our defense budget cut? 25% ... 50%?

By the way, you only see a percentage of the total defense budget ... there is also a "Black Budget" that is never made public ... and only those on the committees overseeing these budgets have any idea what's in them, and they are sworn to absolute secrecy. They are taken into a secure room and shown the figures, but they are not even allowed to take notes, and the documents never leave the possession of the agencies that spend that money ... (Defense, NSA, DSA, and CIA to name four.)

irishbobcat

August 23, 2008

Defense Spending

I have been asked if elected to Congress how I would deal with military spending.

I would call for reductions in military spending, with funds redirected into social and renewable energy needs. I oppose many useless cold-war era weapons system as boondoggles for defense fat-cats.

WRITE-IN
DENNIS SPISAK FOR CONGRESS
Green Party Candidate for Ohio's 6th District
The ONLY PROGRESSIVE CANDIDATE
Running against a Conservative Democrat and Republican!

Renewable Energy Green/Blue Collars Jobs
Single-Payer Affordable Healthcare
Economic Fairness/Quality Education
Clear and Fair Elections with Paper Ballots

Campaign site: Http://votespisak.org/electspisak.tripod.com