News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Ohio State Senate District 33: Boccieri vs. Rulli

Started by Penguin388, October 08, 2018, 01:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penguin388

Is there an eligible third party candidate in this November 2018 election?  I went here, but could not find one.

iwasthere

You should ask the League of Women Voters for the answer for the third question. The first two I have to go to the Board of Elections to find out who's is running on third parties' tickets.

Why?Town

Who is the third party candidate?

What are the goals they seek to achieve for this area?

Why weren't they invited to the League of Women Voters political forum?

iwasthere

I attended the League of Women Voters political forum in which John boccieri and Mike rulli were invited to speak to the membership. John boccieri was the only one that showed up at this form. Mike Rulli sent Tracy Winbush as a surrogate to speak on his behalf. This was a political suicide decision. Winbush put her own opinions with rulli''s opinions confusing the voter on on issues of Education environment and Healthcare. I decided to vote for a third-party candidate instead of the two major political parties candidates.

Why?Town

I don't know too much about Rulli yet but I don't think Boccieri is so great.

I've heard several Boccieri commercials. He loves to use the words fight and fought but offers no details.

"After seven rotations in the middle east he continues to fight for us." If a fight stays the same, it continues, if it's a new fight, it hasn't continued.

"He fought to bring back good paying local jobs and he fought to make small businesses stronger."  It would be nice if he gave us an example or two. More would be even more impressive.

I've also heard he voted down the state holding back money to cities that use traffic cameras on interstates. The whole camera thing has been used as a money grab by local governments and has nothing to do with safety. Pulling someone over not only gets some money out of their pocket for breaking the law, it also stops them from breaking it. The people in the pictures won't even slow down until they get their mail a couple of weeks later yet he thinks the cities should still get more of the driver's and taxpayer's money. Basically the state was fighting for the citizens and he fought to defend the cities against the citizens on this one.

jay

These candidates should attend the political forum at St. John's Church ,323 Wick Avenue, on Tuesday, October 9.

jay

I attended a candidates' forum this evening.  It was stated that Mr. Rulli has not attended any of these forums although he was invited to speak.

Penguin388

Does anyone have a strong opinion outside of the political party affiliation of these two candidates on who would be better?  I'm not sure who to vote for.