News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

What ever happened to the Clinton/Obama Presidential Ticket?

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, December 05, 2007, 09:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

What ever happened to the Clinton/Obama Presidential Ticket?

Early on it was my contention that a "Clinton/Obama Presidential Ticket" was a dead-on hard combination to beat by the present Republican Party teams. So what happened...I don't really know but I can make a good guess at it? 

My take on it is that the Clinton Team decided that they didn't need an actual Black person as a running mate to control the Black vote.  Rightly or wrongly and for whatever reason the Blacks love the Clintons. I think that Black people view the Clintons as being connected to urban America and that happens to include them.  And somehow a female and a Black on the highest political ticket in the land appear to exclude the White male...and that's not good.

The Clinton's are political dynamos worthy of countless hours of research and study. They are real serious about the game of politics and they don't mind bloodying the noses of anyone who gets it their way politically...and that can be a good thing if you work it right.

I think that when Senator Obama realized that he was not going to ride on the Clinton political train, he had to go on the attack in order to save face with his supporters who really thought that he could be president. You could almost feel his free-fall back to the real world of American who is not ready for his style, type and look as a national leader. My hope is that he can function at some presidential cabinet level.

What do you think?