News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Newspaper's Sixth Ward Endorsement

Started by jay, April 23, 2015, 07:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

In the 7th I hope
1 2%
2 4%
3 4%
CHRIS 90%

jay

QuoteThis is why I'm for nonpartisan elections in Youngstown

This could happen in several ward elections tomorrow.

Candidate
A    19%
B     19%
C     19%
D     20%
E     23%

Candidate E would be elected even though 77% of the primary voters chose someone else. 

With no Republican or Independent candidates, tomorrows May primary is essentially this fall's general election.

A nonpartisan election would pit the two highest primary vote getters against each other in the general elction.

Towntalk

So you expected more? How many PRIDE members are there in the 6th Ward?

iwasthere

Quote from: PD on May 01, 2015, 12:57:02 PM
It's Lazy
it is lazy.  is she breaking the law that she represented the law end of it by being a police officier?

Towntalk

Don't forget the 3rd Ward. It would find itself in the same boat as the 4th, 5th, and 7th.

PD

The problem is they may pool resources over to the mid south side and east side and the 7th 5th and 4th will be left out
If that happens there will be a mass exodus of the main tax base

Towntalk

Same with the 7th Ward. We could very well find Youngstown becoming another Baltimore or Detroit!

PD

Those comments are true and Race will play a huge factor with her
She will constantly push back and I am truly worried about this city
I'm a west sider and I'm worried that we may not continue to get the services we need

Towntalk

SEE iwasthere at Reply 4 COMMENTS BELOW ABOUT Ms. DAVIS.

PD

iwasthere

THE VINDY ENDORSE 6th ward candidate was campaigning in the Handels neighborhood's streets on a golf cart. is this legal? ??? :o

Towntalk

If only we could get a committee made up of community activists who could lobby for a charter change calling for nonpartisan elections in the city. Who could we get to head it up?

jay

QuotePlease don't forget that the Republicans have written the city off.

This is why I'm for nonpartisan elections in Youngstown.

Towntalk

Please don't forget that the Republicans have written the city off.