News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Ohio EPA: Residents of seven counties face toxic air cancer risk

Started by irishbobcat, January 05, 2011, 07:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Dan, if your not on drugs, you ought to be.....

Typical neo-con response....paint liberals who care about health and safety as commies......

Dan, anyone who voted for you had more than one screw loose.....

Dan Moadus

Dear reader, remember the movie Doctor Zhivago? Remember the scene where the Doctor came back to the family's home, only to find that the "people's" committee had taken it over, and were all standing around in the downstairs hallway. The scene conveyed how the Bolsheviks felt that a house that big shouldn't just belong to one person.  It personifies how I think people like Dennis think. I could almost see him standing in that hallway with the whole "Working class studies" crew from the university.

irishbobcat

what's really sad is dirty coal lovers like Dan who have NO CLUE!!!! ;D

Dan Moadus

Sad really. The underlying motive of most of the environmental weanies is envy. They hate the well to do, they hate business, and if the truth be told, they really don't care much for America, because it provides the environment for business. By latching on to a cause that everyone could embrace (a clean environment) the radical left, which was so soundly rejected by the American people in the 60's, can now work towards the destruction of Capitalism with a modicum of legitimacy. The movement is basically comprised of two types of people. Those who truly love nature, and are to lazy to look beneath the covers of the movement, and people who hate America. There some people, of course, who inhabit both camps. I suspect Dennis is one of those.

irishbobcat

Rick.....

meanwhile the neo-cons rather just poison us with toxic and polluted air from dirty coal......

Rick Rowlands

irishbobcat

Rick:  Like I said before....if you like pollution so much.....

please come over to my house, wrap your lips around my car's exhaust pipe.....

and I'll be more than happy to start the car for you...... :laugh:

Rick Rowlands

irishbobcat

And FACTORIES. Dan......

Please read before you begin spouting off your dirty pollutioning Neo-Con thoughts......

Dan Moadus

I thought you were talking about auto and truck pollutants.

Dennis wants us to live like Amish. No electricity or autos. Funny thing about people like Dennis, they all want to be in government, so they can tell you how live your life. Of course they will still need these conveniences, but they are the leaders. 

irishbobcat

And yet Baard Energy wants to build a dirty coal to fossil fuel plant in Wellsville.....

You would think people would start to wake up about their health and the environment.

jay

irishbobcat

Ohio EPA: Residents of seven counties face toxic air cancer risk
Wednesday, January 5, 2011  04:14 PM
By Spencer Hunt

The Columbus Dispatch
Toxic metals and compounds emitted from cars, trucks and factories pose a higher than acceptable cancer risk for people living in seven Ohio counties, according to a new state study.

People living in Columbiana, Hamilton, Jefferson, Marion, Montgomery, Scioto and Washington counties face a greater than one in 10,000 chance of developing cancer in their lifetimes, according to the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.

State officials consider a less than one in 10,000 lifetime risk acceptable. The EPA's conclusions come from a first-ever study of 10 years' worth of data from toxic air pollution monitors in 16 of Ohio's 88 counties.