News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bad News For Ohio

Started by Towntalk, July 11, 2010, 11:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i should have been more clearer on this matter. i was told at recent HRC meeting that was the reason but i would like to find out more on this matter that was the reason for the investigation on NRC(national registry corp./co.) for clarity.

Why?Town

iwasthere,

You stated that Ohio's stance on gay marriage was the reason the company left the state. I took your word as being accurate, now you bet there are other reasons and want an investigation.

I really don't care enough to investigate this.

Come to think of it, even if someone did care enough to investigate, we really don't even know what company to investigate.

iwasthere

why?town go investigate this corp decision. i bet there other reasons too for this corp to move out of ohio. why?town go investigate for us on this forum and report what you found out.

Why?Town

So if I'm reading iwasthere's post correctly, the CEO of of a former Ohio company put 1500 Ohioans out of work because the laws of this fine state didn't allow a very small percentage of his employees to get married.

The reality is that the CEO used 1500 Ohioans as pawns to make a political statement that I'm sure most of the 1500 don't even care about and some actually oppose.

And that CEO goes further by banning discrimination that hampers the success of all their employees as part of their mission statement.

How does putting 1500 Ohioans out of work fits into that mission statement of NOT hampering success of said employees.

Towntalk

Could he be thinking about the National Cash Register Company that use to be in Dayton?

Rick Rowlands

The must really be gone since Google has never heard of them!

iwasthere

rr when ever a business leaves your city, state or country to seek friendlier business climate it is bad for everyone's budget. National Registry Company.

Dan Moadus

And here's the most frustrating part. I don't know of a single candidate in this spring's Primary election who even broached this massive shortfall in any of their campaign literature or web sites. I'm afraid that we've become the Public's Servants.

Rick Rowlands

Rick Rowlands

NRC?  Nuclear Regulatory Commission? National Research Council? National Recycling Coalition?  What is the NRC?

Aside from that, you may be responding the the wrong post because we are discussing a drastic budget shortfall caused by a government that has made more promises than it can afford to keep.  But instead of cutting unfunded mandates and forcing a 10th amendment showdown at the Supreme Court, the Ohio legislature will simply raise taxes and drive our economy even further into the hole.

iwasthere

the reason why the nrc left ohio thus creating a loss of 1500 jobs for ohioan due to the law that banned same sex marriage. the  nrc ceo said, "the company cannot operate in good faith with their ohioans employees due to this bigot law that is on the books." the ceo went further by saying their company bans discrimination of all kinds that would hampers the success of all their employees that this ohio law does not honor their mission statement.

Rick Rowlands

So what did you think would happen when day after day there is nothing but a barrage of more social programs?

40% of Ohio's budget is sucked up by Medicare!   Just wait until Obamacare kicks in!

Towntalk

Bad News For Next Governor

Multiple sources inside and outside government have projected a structural budget shortfall that could exceed $8 billion for the next two-year budget that would start on July 1, 2011. That represents 16 percent of a $50.5 billion spending plan that finished its first year on June 30 in the black.
As of March, states faced a combined projected budget shortfall from 2008 through 2013 in excess of half a trillion dollars, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100711/NEWS24/7110319

The picture painted for Ohio's next two-year budget is so gloomy that lawmakers on a special commission to recommend potential solutions gasped last week when they saw that Arizona had projected it would raise $735 million by selling its House and Senate buildings, state fairgrounds, a state hospital, and other public assets to help patch a projected shortfall that approaches a third of its entire budget.