News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

As a candidate for 17th District; my pledge on pork.

Started by Dan Moadus, February 12, 2010, 01:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

It was tolerable when the country had at least some reasonable hope of making good on our debts. But the debt is so high now that the only solution is eventual collapse.  Yet the money keeps flowing freely.  Thanks Dan for that pledge.  I hope you get the chance to keep it!

Dan Moadus

Every politician decries "Pork". Then they brag about their seniority, and how it grants them the influence that allows them to bring dollars to their districts.  "Pork" to them is what other politicians get.

There are Representatives in Congress who do not take pork, but you don't hear about them. They are sworn to work first for the welfare of America, then for their districts, because they know that if America goes down the drain their districts go with it. And they understand, you can't fight "pork" if you have your nose firmly in the trough.

If elected, I will join with other responsible Representatives to fight against "pork", and to focus the nation's attention on those irresponsible politicians who insist on bribing the voters with their own money.

I will ensure that we get all of our "Formula Funds" (our share of tax dollars and highway funds), but not engage in what amounts to handing out "gifts" to buy votes.

I often say, "We enjoy the pork of one district, but pay for the pork of four hundred and thirty-five districts."

Does it make sense to put our grandchildren in debt just so our politicians can buy votes with unnecessary spending projects, when there isn't even enough tax revenue to support the core duties of our government?

If you lost your job would you embark on remodeling your home? Would you buy new siding? Even if the windows were a little drafty, and your shingles were old and faded, would you spend the money, or would you save it for the rent and utilities? Shouldn't we, as a Country, refrain from any spending that isn't absolutely necessary until our economy regains its footing, or do we want to continue buying ourselves "gifts" and charging them to our children and grandchildren?

It is estimated that the Federal debt is now approaching $349,000 dollars for every man women and child in our America. Because that number seems so enormously high, people think that somehow it will not have to be paid; but it will, in one way or another, and it portends a grim future for our children and grandchildren.

This corrupt practice has to stop. It is breaking the back of our Country. And as worthwhile as some of the projects seem, there can be no justification when the money has to be borrowed from China, or printed out of thin air.......Dan Moadus