News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Punched Out

Started by jay, February 07, 2010, 06:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

is the mother charge with any crime? she used a stun gun while this assault was going on in the Lemon Grove.

AllanY2525

Hagan deserves a tip of the hat, for being "the bigger man" in all of this,
and offering not only his hand, but a "hug" to his assailant.  He could have
sued the youngin' for a lot of money, but evidently chose not to.

jay

The young man went to court and apologized for his actions.

Hagan shook the defendant's hand and gave him a hug.

A fine of $100 was assessed.

AllanY2525

It is not justifiable to hit someone before they hit you...this is what's known
as assault.  Now, when you hit someone that has already hit you, then
this is what's known as self-defense and it can be used as a legal defense in
a court of law.

Trying to tell a judge "I thought he was going to hit me - so I hit him first" probably
wouldn't cut it in court.

Color should have nothing whatsoever to do with any of this - violence is violence
regardless of the color of the person perpetrating it.  Did this clown [ie: the
attacker] seriously think that the entire Lemon Grove bar was going to let
someone attack the woman, right there in front of them?

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on February 10, 2010, 11:59:01 PM
Is iwasthere writing in code?  I can't seem to decipher the post.
i am

jay

Shar,

The community response seems to be based along racial lines.  I didn't realize this until I heard some callers to a radio show state that Hagan deserved to be punched out because he allegedly moved toward the woman involved.  They more or less said it was a justifiable pre-emptive strike.

???

jay

I stopped at the Lemon Grove on Wednesday evening.   The employees are concerned that the negative publicity will keep some people from coming downtown.

Shar

The guy who throws the first punch is always wrong.  I don't think it has anything to do with skin color.  How could this possibly be racial??  Ridiculous!!

woozle

I bet the kid had no idea who he punched until after the fact.

Youngstownshrimp

That's what I mean, some here have the intelligence of a rock.  For that matter some here are the exact reason why YTown is one of the worse places economically.  And the ones who are inept, hide behind a mask, because they do not want anyone to see their true worthless vocation if they have even a vocation. I learned this, we are a "buch of spoiled steel mill brats" who coulda, shoulda, woulda, NADA.   And we evolved wherein, "I'm gonna call my Unoin on you, give me more money. I don't care if the Koreans can do it cheaper, I want my money!"  Even our leaders don't know any better, "Yo Obama, I voted for you man, give some money."

Yea, I'm afraid it is only starting with punching, but it may soon lead to more if  our leaders continue not to lead.  But then, the new generation like some in community organizing and bureaucracy are being taught the same mindset, "Yo HUD, give me some money, coz I'm deconstructiong, demolishing and making more landbanks, what? , jobs are going to come from all this, I know, I read it some where, look at Cleveland and Philly, yea!" 

Rick Rowlands

Is iwasthere writing in code?  I can't seem to decipher the post.

ytowner

Quote from: jay on February 10, 2010, 09:27:59 PM
The mother in this incident is supposed to be interviewed on a radio talk show on Thursday or Friday morning.

Unfortunately, this issue is dividing the community along racial lines.

I think it goes beyond more than just racial lines Jay..

jay

The mother in this incident is supposed to be interviewed on a radio talk show on Thursday or Friday morning.

Unfortunately, this issue is dividing the community along racial lines.

iwasthere

Quote from: YtownNewsandViews on February 09, 2010, 02:35:48 PM
You must have gotten F's in spelling class.
i was a top notch speller in my days when i attended school in a one room classrom with woodburner in the middle of the class.

ytowner

Quote from: iwasthere on February 09, 2010, 02:23:56 PM
the latest on bob hagen is that he is in the cl. clinic. a frd's husband has a blood dease, he cannot schedule an appt until March 22, 2010. hagen has a whiplash or his nose was put out of joint and he has a room in the cl clinic. what is wrong with this pic?
You must have gotten F's in spelling class.