News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Influence Of Religion In Recent Presidential Elections - Wednesday, May 8

Started by jay, May 07, 2013, 10:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

sfc_oliver

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Then why the bloody **** did they use the term TOXIC. What the bloody **** does TOXIC mean. TOXIC = POISON, so the title could very well have been THE POISONOUS INFLUENCE OF RELIGION IN RECENT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS.

jay

Thank you Billy.

You can't judge (or prejudge) a book by its cover (or by its title).

Billy Mumphrey

Am I right to assume this is what the lecture was about?
http://www.ysunews.com/ysu-professor-wantatah-book-religion-politics/
If so, It is an interesting topic, and by no means an anti-church lecture.

Towntalk

The title is self explanatory ... The Toxic Influence of Religion in Recent Presidential Elections.
No I didn't attend this presentation, but then I don't need to rush off to every single event that takes place, and spent too many years covering the media to understand the underlining proposition when the terms "TOXIC INFLUENCE" is used.

jay

What makes you think it was an anti-Church lecture?  Did you attend the lecture?
What Church was mentioned most often during the lecture and it what context?

Towntalk

If churches are sp "toxic" then I DEMAND WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING that Jay et al STOP promoting ANY church sponsored event AT ONCE! NO EXCEPTIONS! And this includes the North Side Farmers Market held at one of those "TOXIC" churches! And IF he refuses to do it voluntarily, I shall drag him into court to force him to cease and desist.

sfc_oliver

What were those words again?  The ones that people love to forget?

Endowed by our Creator.........

But we must keep church and state separate.... Says so in the Constitution...Oh wait........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

I take it that this is an anti-Church lecture. Maby we should just outlaw churches from any involvement in society whatsoever.

jay

The Public Library Lunch & Learn Series
presents

The Toxic Influence of Religion in Recent Presidential Elections

Wednesday, May 8, Noon

- Location -
Basement Meeting Room
Main Library
Wick Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio