News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Where's The Local GOP?

Started by jay, February 26, 2012, 09:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I have to agree with Dennis on this one. The so-called leadership in the Mahoning GOP is worthless beyond words ... DO YOU HEAR ME MONROE ... WORTHLESS AS A THREE DOLLAR BILL!

If the Young Republicans in Mahoning County had the backbone, they would gather up a petition to have the national party step in and have Monroe and his fellow travelers tossed out and a leadership team put in that has a BLAST FURNACE raging in their belly to gather up a whole slate of candidates, and then give them 1000% support all the way.

irishbobcat

Rick:

Then the conservatives need to run as Democrats or Republicans or Independents.....
The bottom line is that conservatives need to run if they want to be in power.....

Rick Rowlands

Dennis, this area is actually more conservative than you want to believe.  The mainstream Democrat party made a shift to the left years ago but locally the Democrats never made that shift.  Many Democrats that I have known, including my grandparents when they were alive, always voted the Democrat ticket but their views were actually conservative.  I think many in this area are just wedded to tradition.

Rick Rowlands

jay

The Director of the Mahoning County Board of Elections is Thomas McCabe.

The Board consists of two democrats and two republicans.

irishbobcat

Maybe the reason why the local GOP is missing is because their party's core values are
seen as being too ultra-right wing for many in this area?

Rick Rowlands

Well with the board of elections run by the Democrat party chairman, that pretty much tells me that Republicans will never get anywhere.  The head of the BOE has a vested interest in seeing to it that Republicans don't do well.  That is not good at all.

Towntalk

Mahoning County GOP chairman as seen through the eyes of a voter.

ytowner

Quote from: Towntalk on February 26, 2012, 08:16:32 PM
Here's the names to point the finger at:

Mark E. Munroe
Chairman

Ed Crepage
Vice-Chairman

Donna Bricker
Chairwoman

Tracey Winbush
Treasurer

Alex Mangie
Assistant Treasurer

Megan Graff
Secretary

Committee members from Youngstown

YGN 2D  Tracey Winbush  Youngstown
     YGN 3C  Mr. Raymond Butler  Youngstown   
     YGN 3G  Ms. Jill A. Downie  Youngstown   
     YGN 3H  Mr. Richard Atkinson  Youngstown
     YNG 4A  Mr. Kevin Wegendt  Youngstown   
     YNG 4G  Mr. Dominic Lucarelli  Youngstown   
     YNG 4M  Mr. Adam Costello  Youngstown   
     YGN 5D  Mr. Donald F. Komara  Youngstown   
     YGN 5M  Mr. Tyrone Peakes  Youngstown   
     YGN 5N  Don  Priester  Youngstown   
     YGN 6J  Charles E. Rhodes, Jr.  Youngstown   
     YNG 5H  Mr. James Young  Youngstown   
     YNG 5K  Mr. Michael Gunger  Youngstown   
     YNG 6A  Mr. Jim Priester  Youngstown   
     YNG 7B  Mr. Myke Clarett  Youngstown   
     YNG 7C  Jeremy Haddle  Youngstown   
     YNG 7M  Mr. Robert Vukovich  Youngstown

I know a few of these people. I believe leadership starts at the top. I believe Munroe's been in charge for quite some time and has produced lackluster results. These are good people, but they aren't doing the party any sort of benefit by not working to become VIABLE in this county!

Towntalk

Here's the names to point the finger at:

Mark E. Munroe
Chairman

Ed Crepage
Vice-Chairman

Donna Bricker
Chairwoman

Tracey Winbush
Treasurer

Alex Mangie
Assistant Treasurer

Megan Graff
Secretary

Committee members from Youngstown

YGN 2D  Tracey Winbush  Youngstown
     YGN 3C  Mr. Raymond Butler  Youngstown   
     YGN 3G  Ms. Jill A. Downie  Youngstown   
     YGN 3H  Mr. Richard Atkinson  Youngstown
     YNG 4A  Mr. Kevin Wegendt  Youngstown   
     YNG 4G  Mr. Dominic Lucarelli  Youngstown   
     YNG 4M  Mr. Adam Costello  Youngstown   
     YGN 5D  Mr. Donald F. Komara  Youngstown   
     YGN 5M  Mr. Tyrone Peakes  Youngstown   
     YGN 5N  Don  Priester  Youngstown   
     YGN 6J  Charles E. Rhodes, Jr.  Youngstown   
     YNG 5H  Mr. James Young  Youngstown   
     YNG 5K  Mr. Michael Gunger  Youngstown   
     YNG 6A  Mr. Jim Priester  Youngstown   
     YNG 7B  Mr. Myke Clarett  Youngstown   
     YNG 7C  Jeremy Haddle  Youngstown   
     YNG 7M  Mr. Robert Vukovich  Youngstown

Towntalk

Jay, what don't you understand about the fact that because of the failure of the Mahoning GOP leadership Mahoning Republicans have no option other than to either cross parties or stay away until Presidential elections.

It's too bad that Party Chairmen don't have to stand for election every four years so that the voters can force them out when they fail to do their job.

With each passing year, the condition within the Mahoning GOP grows worse and worse and it all comes down to the failure of the leadership here. If the leader doesn't provide the candidates how do you expect the Republicans to come out and vote a GOP ticket.

THE VOTER DO NOT PROVIDE THE CANDIDATES ... THE LEADERSHIP DOES, END OF DISCUSSION.

ONLY UNTIL WE TOSS THE CURRENT LEADERSHIP OUT ON TOGETHER COLLECTIVE EARS AND PUT IN PEOPLE WHO HAVE FIRE IN THEIR BELLYS LOCAL REPUBLICANS WILL JUST CONTINUE TO SIT OUT ELECTIONS.

jay

In the case of Youngstown, it might be very difficult for a GOP candidate to collect 25 valid GOP signatures in his/her ward.

I'm for nonpartisan elections in Youngstown.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: Towntalk on February 26, 2012, 01:26:05 PM
What it takes to be a sucessful politician:

1. Possess the ability to look folks streight in the eyes while lying through your teeth.
2. Few if any moral scruples.
3. The ability to do harm to your opponent and his family regardless of the consequences,
4. The gift of blarney.
5. A super ego.
6. Placing politics above even your family.
7. A willingness to accept bribes.

I could probably handle number 5............
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

What it takes to be a sucessful politician:

1. Possess the ability to look folks streight in the eyes while lying through your teeth.
2. Few if any moral scruples.
3. The ability to do harm to your opponent and his family regardless of the consequences,
4. The gift of blarney.
5. A super ego.
6. Placing politics above even your family.
7. A willingness to accept bribes.

sfc_oliver

It was suggested to me to run for a public office twice since I have been back. But I was too busy trying to make a living. Not so sure I would want the stress and headaches today..........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>