News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Serious question for Dennis

Started by Towntalk, November 17, 2011, 06:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Neither am I, my friend, neither am I. My tastes may be lofty, but when I look into my wallet at the end of the month, its quite empty, but I know at least that all my bills have been paid, and my pantry is full. I live well within my means, and am quite content.

irishbobcat

bourgenoisie originally refers to the middle class people in a capitalist society, however now used to refer to posh people.

Just like the word   'gay '...  The term was originally used to refer to feelings of being "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy,

However, now it is used as describing  a person's sexual orientation........

As the word bourgenoise is used today......I am not one of the posh people......

Towntalk

Lets say a person age 75 has a gross income of $9500.00 a year, and no other assets,what would his fair share of taxes be?

Rick Rowlands

Since the bottom 50% consume a vast amount of government services and subsidies, would not "paying their fair share" mean that the bottom 50% should experience a tax increase? 

Rick Rowlands

One percent of taxpayers reported almost 17% of all taxable income. But that same tiny group also kicked in 37% of all the taxes paid.
Fall below that level and you are in the bottom half, along with nearly 70 million of your fellow taxpayers. All told, that group earned just 13% of the income reported on 2009 tax returns. And they coughed up 2.25% of all the income taxes paid. 

Towntalk

Bourgeoisie:

In contemporary usage the term is synonymous with middle-class, and ascribes a concern for material interests and respectability, tending toward material comfort.

In the United States—outside of Marxism and anarchism—the word bourgeois often refers to the social stereotype of the middle and often aspiring classes. It was associated with consumerist lifestyles often emphasising conspicuous consumption and material status.

Since bourgenoisie is synonymous with the middle class, would not you fall into this group?

Towntalk

A very serious question for Dennis.

At what point in income does a person fall into the 1% bracket?

Some folks contend that even the small business owner who owns a small shop of any sort is a part of the group that exploits the proletariat. The bourgeoisie are the enemy.