News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Local Fracking Brings Local Eartquakes! Another Benefit Of Fracking?

Started by irishbobcat, October 30, 2011, 11:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I don't know Dan, I think I'll leave this up to the unbiased scientists, if there are any..........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Dan Moadus

In thinking about the possibility that these injection wells may be causing earthquakes, it occurred to me that it is possible that, if  true, it may actually have a hidden benefit. I'm sure you have seen ski patrols shooting artillery shells into snow banks precipitating small avalanches in order to prevent much bigger one later.  Could this be happening with these small earthquakes? I have read that there is a very big fault that lies beneath the Mid West that will result in a large earthquake in the future which will cause massive damage. These big quakes result from immense pressures that build up until slippage occurs and all the stored energy is released. 

Is it possible that these wells may be precipitating small quakes that may actually lessen the chance of the pressures building to the point of causing a large quake? It would make sense that every quake releases stored energy that may accumulate into a future large quake.

irishbobcat

Ytowner......

I guess you missed these items in the story.......

"Researchers did find higher lev­els of bro­mide in pri­vate drink­ing water wells.

He says bro­mide is not a health haz­ard on its own. But when com­bined with some dis­in­fec­tants, it can be harm­ful.

Swi­s­tock acknowl­edged the study included a rel­a­tively small num­ber of sites, over a short period of time."

wow....so let's combine bromide with toxic chemicals being pumped in the ground and let this stuff become harmful.....
and let's base our results on a very narrow survey over a very short period of time.....yup, that's good research.....

Sorry Ytowner.....again are reaching for straws when defending fracking....

Just Say No To FRACKING!!!!

ytowner

Quote from: irishbobcat on October 30, 2011, 11:38:37 AM
http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/oct/30/did-brine-well-trigger--valley-earthquak/

Well now......

Not only does fracking posion local property water and land.....but brings damages to others living
in the area in the way of cracked basement foundations caused by minor quakes in the area.....

Will the fracking companies pay homeowners who have properties  damaged by these quakes?

Yes sir....fracking is so positive for our valley......put toxins in our water.....make our land undervalued....
and put us all at risk for shakes and tremors that can rattle our homes and foundations.....

Another wonderful project promoted, backed, and blessed by one Mr. Shrimp......
Forget the problems of fracking...as long as Shrimp makes a buck selling the property to fracking companies all is right with the world.....

Guess you ignored the Penn State and Ohio DNR reports on fracking and water quality:
http://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania/2011/10/25/study-finds-little-evidence-of-water-contamination-from-fracking/

irishbobcat

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/oct/30/did-brine-well-trigger--valley-earthquak/

Well now......

Not only does fracking posion local property water and land.....but brings damages to others living
in the area in the way of cracked basement foundations caused by minor quakes in the area.....

Will the fracking companies pay homeowners who have properties  damaged by these quakes?

Yes sir....fracking is so positive for our valley......put toxins in our water.....make our land undervalued....
and put us all at risk for shakes and tremors that can rattle our homes and foundations.....

Another wonderful project promoted, backed, and blessed by one Mr. Shrimp......
Forget the problems of fracking...as long as Shrimp makes a buck selling the property to fracking companies all is right with the world.....