News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Armed Robbery By 12 Year Old

Started by jay, May 03, 2010, 09:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: joly1584 on May 05, 2010, 09:08:55 AM
It would be good if the Vindy were still an afternoon newspaper.  Since the Vindy became a "morning" paper it is not out early enough for a kid to deliver it before going to school.  In my neighborhood on the westside we are lucky to get the paper before noon.

My son delivered the afternoon Vindy for four years and used the money he had saved to buy his first car when he turned 16.
i had  alot of buying powering  with a paperroute. i used the monies to travel to canada in my sophomore yr, clothes, car, prom, california upon my graduation from highschool, ect.......

AllanY2525

I'm just trying to think of why a 12 year old boy would take it upon himself to
commit armed robbery.  At that age, a child's powers of reason are supposed
to be sufficiently developed to leave him (or her) at home by themselves for
a few hours a day, run a lawn mower, have a paper route or other job that's
appropriate for a child, etc.

A 12 year old's judgement, however,  is not too good yet at that
age - but VERY few 12 year olds commit armed robbery - so what was going
on in this kid's life to make him want to do this despicable thing?

It makes me wonder what kind of parents this kid has.... ugh.

:(

joly1584

Quote from: iwasthere on May 04, 2010, 01:06:19 PM
if more people would buy the local vindy at their residences. he would have a paper route and he would not have resorted to this petty crime. ::)

It would be good if the Vindy were still an afternoon newspaper.  Since the Vindy became a "morning" paper it is not out early enough for a kid to deliver it before going to school.  In my neighborhood on the westside we are lucky to get the paper before noon.

My son delivered the afternoon Vindy for four years and used the money he had saved to buy his first car when he turned 16.

Why?Town

Is there anything to be gained by releasing any video footage of the crime?

AllanY2525

If the video show the kid wearing a mask, then it is not showing the kid's face...so...

iwasthere

if more people would buy the local vindy at their residences. he would have a paper route and he would not have resorted to this petty crime. ::)

jay

One report stated that the youth had a mask over his face.  Would this still prevent the video from being shown?

AllanY2525

Because the perpetrator is 12 years old, they most likely will not release any video of
the child to the public.  I hope this kid's parents are held accountable for his deeds.

:(

jay

I'm pretty sure that Subway has surveillance cameras.  Will they release the videos?

john r. swierz

And the police caught him and he's at JJC. I wonder whatis going to happen to his Parent(s)

jay

Yesterday the Subway on East Midlothian was robbed by a gun wielding boy who was twelve years old.