News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Disappointed..........Again

Started by jay, March 17, 2010, 07:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

the director and the screenwriter wanted to show their movie, "the last vampire on earth" at Powers Auditorium but the price for four hours was $1500.00. they settled for Main Street Theater in Columbiana for the same hours $600.00. vi and mandie hope they can make a decent return on their movie. so, they can show their next movie at Powers Auditorium.

iwasthere

Quote from: mooch on March 19, 2010, 10:56:01 PM
Jay,
I think you are assuming halls within y-town and halls outside charge the same rate.  Maybe they choose the hall because it gave them the best deal.  I can't fault them for that.  If that's the case, they're doing whats best for the YPD and thus what's best with tax payer dollars.
you would think a ytown establishment would give a discount for a retiring ytown city employee esp a ypd cop.

mooch

Jay,
I think you are assuming halls within y-town and halls outside charge the same rate.  Maybe they choose the hall because it gave them the best deal.  I can't fault them for that.  If that's the case, they're doing whats best for the YPD and thus what's best with tax payer dollars.

iwasthere

jay is believer in ytown rr i cannot fault him on this issue. i work for an agency that produces commericials and movies made by independent filmmakers. the last movie i help with was, "the last vampire on earth" 95% of locations were in ytown a few locations were in the subs. the director and screenwriter were amazed of the beautiful bldgs and places that ytown has to offer for filmmaking.

Rick Rowlands

Leave it to Jay to find the downside of anything.  Here is a city police officer who has managed to survive a very dangerous job, and Jay has to find fault!  Amazing, but not totally unexpected for this Forum.

Why?Town

So the retiree, or more likely, his family is paying for a retirement party?

jay

In this instance, when the retiring employee had a chance to bring much needed economic activity to a Youngstown business, he did not choose to support the city that paid his wages during his working career.

Why?Town

Are these public servants paying for this party with tax money?

jay

A Youngstown Police Department officer is retiring and a big retirement celebration is being held this weekend.

Guess what?

The party is not being held within the city of Youngstown.  As a matter of fact, the party is at a hall in a nearby city.

I'm sure thousands of dollars will be spent on this event.  Youngstown city residents have to pay our city income tax for safety services and these public servants take their business elsewhere.
I'm disappointed ........... again.

>:(