News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

More Gun Crime on East Avondale

Started by Towntalk, June 05, 2012, 06:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

Avondale is only 4 blocks from where I live now. During the past 5 month or so, the violence has really escalated on the south side.
But what is scary is that the bulk of the violence used to take place west of South Avenue. Now it's happening more and more in south east Ytown (east of south avenue).

My son is afraid to go outside.  This is one of the reasons I'm wanting to relocate to the north side. 
Don't get me wrong, I do know that violence is everywhere. But with the recent escalation, especially close to Taft Elementary school, I'm ready to move.

I remember a time when living next to a school or church was safe, or at least a bit safer. 
Not anymore.
~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

i bet racist clarence boles never mentions this on his radio program.

jay

All of the new schools have security cameras mounted on the exterior of the buildings.   I hope the YPD is able to use the video to solve this crime.

Towntalk

One Shot After Fight Outside Taft Elementary School

http://www.wkbn.com/content/news/local/story/UPDATE-One-Shot-After-Fight-Outside-Taft/Ho_VB4xmKkGaCN7iHBseFA.cspx

Youngstown police Tuesday afternoon combed multiple scenes searching for several vehicles after one person was shot near Taft Elementary School Tuesday.

According to police, it happened just after 3:30 p.m. when a fight between a large group of teenagers across the street from the East Avondale Avenue school escalated. The victim was reportedly a female, and she was shot in the hand.

Police were searching the surrounding area on the city's South Side shortly after the shooting. It's not clear if anyone else was shot or if any arrests have yet been made.

Police said there are frequently fights and other problems in that area.