News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

History Lesson

Started by Oldmill, September 05, 2009, 08:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmill

Okay Mr.Rusty River ,  You may have debunked the clunker program . Please debunk the rest of the article. may I ask where you get your information ????
I just want to know the truth. I am willing to listen to all sides

Oldmill

sticks n stones will break my bones .................Naaaa NaaaaaaNaaa Naaa Naaah....

Rick Rowlands

Oooh, you shouldn't have posted that.  The libs will reply and call you names! (but at least they won't give any facts to support their position, thats not their way!)

sfc_oliver

;D

This is what some of us have been trying to say.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Oldmill

Someone sent this to me today I thought I'd share it because its so true                   

The U.S. PostalService was established in 1775 - they've had 234 years to get it right; it is broke, and even though heavily subsidized, it can't compete with private sector FedExp and UPS services.  The U.S. Postal Service will lose over $7 BILLION this year and will require yet another "bailout."

Social Security was established in 1935 - they've had 74 years to get it right; it is broke.  There is nothing in the Social Security Trust Fund except IOUs from the government. 

Fannie Mae was established in 1938 - they've had 71 years to get it right; it is broke. Freddie Mac was established in 1970 - they've had 39 years to get it right; it is broke. Together Fannie and Freddie have now led the entire world into the worst economic collapse in 80 years.

The War on Poverty was started in 1964 - they've had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our hard earned money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor"; it hasn't worked.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965 - they've had 44 years to get it right; they are both broke; and now our government dares to mention them as models for all US health care.

AMTRAK was established in 1970 - they've had 39 years to get it right; last year they bailed it out as it continues to run at a loss!

This year, a trillion dollars was committed in the massive political payoff called the Stimulus Bill of 2009; it  shows NO sign of working; it's been used to increase the size of governments across America, and raise government salaries while the rest of us suffer from economic hardships. It has yet to create a single new private sector job. Our national debt projections (approaching $10 trillion) have increased 400% in the last six months.

"Cash for Clunkers" was established in 2009 and went broke in 2009 - - after 80% of the cars purchased turned out to be produced by foreign companies, and dealers nationwide are buried under bureaucratic paperwork demanded by a government that is not yet paying them what was promised.

I guess I must be on the wrong page...
        A vehicle at 15 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 800 gallons a year of gasoline.
        A vehicle at 25 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 480 gallons a year.       So, the average clunker transaction will reduce US gasoline       consumption  by 320 gallons per year.       
        They claim 700,000 vehicles – so that's 224 million gallons / year.
        That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil.
         5 million barrels of oil is about ¼ of one day's US consumption.
         And, 5 million barrels of oil costs about $350 million dollars at $75/bbl.
·        So, we all contributed to spending $3 billion to save $350 million.
         How good a deal was that???

So with a perfect 100% failure rate and a record that proves that each and every  "service" shoved down our throats by an overreaching government turns into disaster, how could any informed American trust our government to run or even set policies for America's health care system - -  17% of our economy?

Maybe each of us has a personal responsibility to let others in on this brilliant record before 2010, and then help remove from office those who are voting to destroy capitalism and destroy our grandchildren's future.