News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Houses on Fifth Avenue come down

Started by yfdgricker, April 09, 2007, 08:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shar

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on November 30, 2009, 12:51:53 PM
It is transparent here that defamation is going on, but this is what unproductive people do. 

Rusty river, you better check the records again, I do not and never was on the title of the Fifth Ave. homes, do you know what libel is?

The city has a policy in writing that no demolition charges will be assessed if property is transfered into the landbank.  Why was this option not extended to me and my investors?  Furthermore, all past demolition liens were bundled and included in the tax cert. sales and are not held by the city.

All around us are property owners who have abandoned property, structures demo'd daily , people burning down houses, and yet there are the few who make it their vocation to engage in perversion, fraud, rumors, distortions and halftruths just to mask their ineptness in progressive actions.

I've made many mistakes in my life, who hasn't?  But none of you have zeroed in on the good I have done in this county,  moving and the preservation of the Augdon house in Poland, The Peterson Park, The Reed Memorial Stairway, Yellow Creek Theatre, Poland's historic Post office, renovation of the Frankle brother's home on Fifth Ave.,  Boardman Park's new sandstone wall, the first shrimp ever grown in Youngstown, hundreds of dead property placed back on the tax paying roster, etc..

And when Youngstown and Boardman wanted to do outdoor movies, who did they call for help?  No, this is not what you want to gossip about, you want dirt, anything negative because you are negative people.

From now on, I will only address the positive and only if you are man enough to reveal your names and not mudsling behind closed doors and minds.

So you want to dissassociate yourself from the man who owns the 3 properties on Fifth Ave and then in the same post you want to take credit for renovation of the Frankle Brothers home, a property owned by the same guy that owns these 3 properties.  Which is it??

Youngstownshrimp

I really don't have time to educate you, the auditor site specifically states, and requires one to agree that the info., is not always correct.

Here is what you need to do since you seem to have a lot of time for unproductive matters, pull the DEEDS (only a deed is the Bible here) on these parcels and then come back to me with your REAL NAME.

Remember, the constitution requires an acsused has the right to face their accusor.  I really can't believe you have this much time to besmirch someone.  You better be ready to answer some questions yourself on your intentions here, because I am getting annoyed here.

Youngstownshrimp

SFC Oliver, if no one has cared to say this to you recently, I will.

Thanks you for your service to the country.

Sometimes I question why my father took a bullet to the foot in Vietnam for peoples freedom, when I have to deal with people that have no idea what sacrifices were made so that we can continue prospering in our capitalistic nation.  My father would turn over in his grave if he could see what we have let happen to prosperous Youngstown.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on November 30, 2009, 12:51:53 PM
It is transparent here that defamation is going on, but this is what unproductive people do. 

Rusty river, you better check the records again, I do not and never was on the title of the Fifth Ave. homes, do you know what libel is?

The city has a policy in writing that no demolition charges will be assessed if property is transfered into the landbank.  Why was this option not extended to me and my investors?  Furthermore, all past demolition liens were bundled and included in the tax cert. sales and are not held by the city.

All around us are property owners who have abandoned property, structures demo'd daily , people burning down houses, and yet there are the few who make it their vocation to engage in perversion, fraud, rumors, distortions and halftruths just to mask their ineptness in progressive actions.

I've made many mistakes in my life, who hasn't?  But none of you have zeroed in on the good I have done in this county,  moving and the preservation of the Augdon house in Poland, The Peterson Park, The Reed Memorial Stairway, Yellow Creek Theatre, Poland's historic Post office, renovation of the Frankle brother's home on Fifth Ave.,  Boardman Park's new sandstone wall, the first shrimp ever grown in Youngstown, hundreds of dead property placed back on the tax paying roster, etc..

And when Youngstown and Boardman wanted to do outdoor movies, who did they call for help?  No, this is not what you want to gossip about, you want dirt, anything negative because you are negative people.

From now on, I will only address the positive and only if you are man enough to reveal your names and not mudsling behind closed doors and minds.

I don't believe I know more than 3 or 4 of the members here by their true names.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Youngstownshrimp

Shar

I looked on the Mahoning County Court website and there are a slew of judgments against youngstownshrimp for demolition in the City of Youngstown.  I doesn't look like the City got paid for their work.

iwasthere

let ytownshrimp give his side of the story why the city had to pay for the demo and abatement of his properties. did he pay back the city the monies spend on his properties.

Shar

Sorry yfdricker....I didn't mean to imply that you were connected in any way....I meant to ask youngstownshrip if these were his properties?

yfdgricker

Sorry Shar, I just passed the story on a while back. I don't have any connection that I know of with Youngstownshrimp or the Firepearl group which owned these buildings before they were demo-ed.

Shar

Weren't these victorian homes owned by you and your partner Youngstownshrimp? 

Shar

I drove past these houses this morning and only one of them is down.  I assume they will be working on them again today.  These houses are actually downtown...not what I would consider North Side.  I find it very sad that old homes like these are neglected by owners who are just waiting for someone to want the land that the homes sit on.  I always referred to these homes as Youngstown's "Painted Ladies". 

yfdgricker

Houses on Fifth Avenue come down
Story by David Skolnick in the Youngstown Vindicator on April 9th, 2007.

YOUNGSTOWN — Three dilapidated and vacant houses on Fifth Avenue, on one of the city's main gateways, finally came down today.

Before being demolished, the houses were in such poor condition that they looked like they could almost fall down themselves, said Michael Damiano, the city's demolition director.

The porch roof on 214 Fifth Ave. was already collapsed, nearly all the windows on the three buildings were broken and there were serious problems with the roofs, gutters, downspouts and doors.

"It's show time," Damiano said moments before an excavator tore into the brittle roof of 220 Fifth Ave. "I've been waiting for this."

The asbestos abatement of the three structures — 214, 216 and 220 Fifth Ave. — cost about $25,000 and the demolition price tag was $9,800, Damiano said.

The city filed numerous housing code violations last year against the three buildings' owner, Firepearl Group, a Youngstown company.