News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Who Was This Man? (1)

Started by jay, February 22, 2013, 11:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Because Jay flatly refuses to provide us with the answer, we may never know.

sfc_oliver

It is most certainly John Lansing Jr... But I can't find a direct connection to Youngstown......
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

i bet jay will go to his grave with the answer, tt.

Towntalk

I suspect that Jay wanted to know who chose the name because he didn't know and hoped that someone would know.

Towntalk

Boycott all Jay's posts till he gives us the answer.

iwasthere

kennyjoe the mayor would lose patience with jay by flapping his hands and arms up and down while screaming at jay to give him the answer or shut up while the seven council bobbleheads nod in agreement.

Towntalk

Towntalk

kenneyjoe330

COME ON --- COME ON Jay  ;D  Give the answer ALREADY  :laugh:  Boy you think we were dealing with Congress here already - or at least the mayor  :laugh:

Towntalk

Towntalk

Isaac Powers who purchased 600 acres of land on behalf of his father Abram Powers.

jay

That's how Lansingville got its name.  Someone named this section of the south side of Youngstown for a man who never lived there.

So who was the person who picked the name Lansingville?

Towntalk

What was his connection to Youngstown. The man was in New York, and disappeared  on the evening of December 12, 1829.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lansing,_Jr.

kenneyjoe330

OK OK OK for real now it is none other than - drum roll please - ta dum - John Lansing  ;)  Secretary to General Skyler during the Revolutionary War !  And what did I win  8)  I hope it is a free bowl of Haluski from the Carpatho - Rusyn Kitchen at the up comming Simply Slavic fest - They do make THE BEST  "HALUSKI:" 

kenneyjoe330

The guy that Campbell is named after = augh Mr. Campbell ?