News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Where Was It - 3

Started by Towntalk, October 12, 2011, 11:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Actually this is a view of the West Federal Street entrance. The building was the former home of the old Hippodrome Theatre which was located in the area where the bus station would later locate.

Towntalk

kenneyjoe330

I am going to take a 'stab' at this and say that the sign was on Commerce Street just West of The Arcade (or even at the Commerce Street Entrance to the Arcade) which of course was next (West) to McKelveys.  I remember the bus station being there.  Sometimes in the winter you could sneak on the bus without having to wait out in the snow and cold  8) I am sure they would discourage that since the space was rather tight.  Now for sure this is a 'stab in the dark'.  I'll say - for giggles and laughs - that it was the Main Fire Station  ;D

Towntalk

Big big challange:

1. Where was this bus ststion?

2. What was it before it was a bus station.

To be deemed correct, you must answer both questions correctly. No clues will be given, and the decision will be mine and mine alone, and will be final.