News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

FREE ENERGY EFFICIENT LIGHT BULBS

Started by Towntalk, October 05, 2009, 11:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I just heard a radio news report stating that First Energy bought 4,000,000 bulbs to give away.

Just think how many chinese workers were employed making those bulbs.  Also, all of the production profits went to the chinese company/government.

sfc_oliver

Now wait a minute.....Who are they adding this extra charge to? those who receive the "free" light bulbs, or all their customers?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

you should google green energy ohio and look at their website which features their latest magazine tour of solar and wind homes.......amazing at the number of folks who are seriously beginning to see and take advanrage of solar power here in the buckeye state.

Towntalk

Accepted.

By the way, did you see the photos of the wind turbine that were in the UrbanOhio link I posted? Seems like some Ohio folks are taking your advice. :)

irishbobcat

towntalk......

my response was to why?town......

not you!

rusty river

I wouldn't have a problem with FE passing on the costs of the bulbs and their delivery, as the savings one would get from using them would far outweigh those costs. But to tack on ASSUMED revenue lost is over the line and not acceptable. I wonder if we could get a large number of FE customers organized to turn off and unplug as many electronics as possible for 30 minutes to an hour over peak energy usage periods for a couple weeks. The savings would offset the extra costs to the consumers and put an immediate damper on FE's bottom line. Maybe then they'd reconsider pushing any future involuntary programs on their customers.

Towntalk

Hold on there buddy, I didn't mention your name, just posted the info.

As a matter of fact, all I said was that I'd try them.

If you've got a bone to pick get your facts streight.

In many respects, I don't disagree with some of your positions, and have absolutely no intention in bashing you or anyone else, so don't lump me in with those you have a grudge with.

irishbobcat

how you react to me says a whole lot about you and your lack of character, why? Town?,,,,,,,

Why?Town

Apparently there isn't a way to opt out. It's been mandated by the PUCO.

IT's a perfect example of the greenies pushing an agenda at the cost of the people.

Thanks Dennis.

edited to remove offesiveness

Why?Town

Quote from: Plain Dealer
The utility will charge average users 60 cents a month extra on their electric bills for the next three years -- $21.60 all together. That covers the cost of the bulbs ($3.50 each), their delivery and the delivery of the power consumers would have used if they didn't have them.

Is there a way to opt out? Most of my lightbulbs are already compact flourencents and I certainly don't pay for the power I WOULD HAVE USED.

joly1584

According to the Plain Dealer these "Free" light bulbs are not free.

First Energy will be billing residential customers 60 cents per month for 3 years to cover the cost.

The bulbs were made in China because FE could not find an American manufacturer.

The bulbs are being distributed by a company based in California.

Towntalk

Its just 2 bulbs and according to the press release they are free ... I'm not about to quibble when they want to give me something for free.

Arthur Godfry once said: "For free take, for buy waste time."

There is a good opportunity to test run these new bulbs before going out and buying them at your favorite supermarket.

No one is cheaper than me when it comes to burning lights even when it means stubbing my toes in the dark, so if these new bulbs are what they say they are, maby I can at least turn on one light after dark and leave it on till I go to bed.

Again, if First Energy is willing to give me two free light bulbs I'll not complain where they were made. The big question is, will they save me money. Only the next billing will answer that question.

Rick Rowlands

jay