News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown collecting it's own trash!?!

Started by joly1584, March 24, 2016, 09:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: iwasthere on August 10, 2016, 11:51:59 AM
mine would be portraits of Mahoning county businessmen and politicians that were guilty of crimes ag tax payers. :o
I started the layouts of mah cty bus and pol on the new trash cans but I had to order a roll off container due to the number of upstanding bus and pol we have in mah valley. :-X

jay

Some residents are leaving the new trash carts on the curb for several days after the collection.  This doesn't make the neighborhood look good.
When only trash bags were used, nothing was left behind at these houses after the collection day.

iwasthere

mine would be portraits of Mahoning county businessmen and politicians that were guilty of crimes ag tax payers. :o

jay

jay

I would like to have artists paint some of these trash carts.

iwasthere

I wanted each side of the city have their own design on their can that would had been unique.

Rick Rowlands

Yep stewie but some are still going to complain!

stewie

To me it looks like the hundreds of thousands of trash cans that are all over the tri county area. I didn't understand how they worked at first but the City put an informational pamphlet in the bin. It turns out you just open the lid, place your trash in them and close the lid. On trash day you push it out to the curb and leave it there. When it is emptied you simply bring it back to your house. I'm just glad that I don't ever have to buy a trash can again. My street looked very neat and orderly on trash day. I did not see any trash left behind and no lids blowing down the street. This is the best decision the city has ever made

kenneyjoe330

I'll say - My wife said: "It's big enough to put a body in".    :o   I was the only one around at the time.  :o   By the way - where does our trash go ??? 

jay

kenneyjoe330

You all know that there are a lot of rental properties in Youngstown.  Evictions are more common than not ! ! !   What happens to all the trash that is at the curb when evictions occur ????  It is bad enough it is put out even near the collection day - let alone days before the proper day ? 
Some times the water is turned off too ! ! ! 

jay

Expect the trash carts to start arriving on July 7.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: northside lurker on March 28, 2016, 06:44:25 PM
We already have a problem with trash dumping.  I think a pay as you throw system would make that worse.
I have no doubt...
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

As I see it, the pay-as-you-throw option would only be available to a resident who applies to use it and the same resident would have to purchase the prepaid bags from the city trash hauler.

northside lurker

Quote from: jay on March 28, 2016, 04:27:21 PM
I'm still for a pay-as-you-throw trash collection system.  Let's reduce the trash fee for those who generate a very small amount of trash.

We already have a problem with trash dumping.  I think a pay as you throw system would make that worse.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison