News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City Hall Fools

Started by Towntalk, April 12, 2015, 01:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I agree, Peggy.  There are jobs in the area, yes....but not enough GOOD paying jobs
that pay enough for a person to actually LIVE ON.  The cost of living is lower in
Youngstown in some aspects, ie: housing, food...but that's not enough to make
up the difference for a family whose median income is around $25K a year.

Youngstown and surrounding areas need more jobs in tech, manufacturing and
all of the other good paying trades - the $35,000 to $45,000 a year and UP
variety.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: PD on April 12, 2015, 08:54:21 AM
The jobs are there. People are just lazy and unqualified
I'll have to disagree with you on this PD.  Not all unemployed people in Youngstown are lazy and unqualified.
Most of the available GOOD paying jobs in this area are in technological, medical, and manufacturing fields.
However many people  - ok, me - are not qualified in these fields, making it nearly impossible to obtain a good paying job.
I have been scratching the bottom of the proverbial barrel ever since my son and I moved to Youngstown 10 years ago. I have worked steadily, but the company here pays $3 less per hour than the same job in Florida (where I'm from). 
We have stayed here because we love it here, it is safer here, and the supports and therapies that are available for my son are better here, than those in Florida.

I said all of that to say that generalizations are a nasty habit to have.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Thanks PD ... I'll add the Youngstown Board of Uneducation to my master list of totally incompitant fools with the combined brain power of a bed bug.

PD

TT.
Please don't blame Gillam Tarpley Pinkard and Rodgers for the population loss
Please blame our great school board and our desolate horrific Ytiwn school system
That is the #1 reason why people are leaving the city
The jobs are there. People are just lazy and unqualified

Towntalk

My esteemed pal David slam dunked another great article about the candidates for City Council. http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/apr/12/-candidates-vie-in-four-ward-races-with-/

For those living in the 7th Ward ... SAY "NO, NOT BY THE HAIR ON MY CHINNY CHIN CHIN" TO TAX DODGER JOHNNY VIVO! SAY YES FOR CHRIS!

He's done more for the 7th Ward than the other three candidates combined.

Towntalk

My friend Bert has hit the nail squarely on the head in his latest column http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/apr/12/population-loss-bad-for-the-region/ but unfortunately what we have in City Hall are a gaggle of incompitent fools with the combined brain power of one dead fly. The most incompitent, and downright worthless department is City Council, and hopefully with four of them termed out, we can get some real leaders to clean up the mess that the current council will have left.