News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Precinct Reduction

Started by Towntalk, January 07, 2015, 07:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Mumphrey

What powers to you speak of when you say  they represent people? Are you not talking about precinct people  like Democratic precinct people? If so, I'm sure Betras can control the party by himself. He does think of himself as God.

Towntalk

PD ... At last someone with good common sense caught on to my original post. My tongue was indeed firmly planted in my cheek as I transfered the words of Archie Bunker into this issue.
Those who know me know that I haven't set foot in a voting precinct since 1995 and have voted absentee every election thereafter right up to the very latest general election. I'm also proud to point out that I cast a vote every election since 1960 which equals 54 years, something indeed to be proud of.

PD

Your joking right?  Why should the one representing 120 get the same power of vote that the one that represents 1200? 

One represent 9-10 times that the other one does  not my fault the board of elections can't see it to Redistrict it earlier. If you cant see the unfairness then that your problem

Billy Mumphrey

What's the difference regarding a precinct person representing 200 and one representing 1,200? Please explain.

PD

It wasn't fair to have one precinct person represent 200 people and another represent 1200. They each have one vote, same as re districting

Billy Mumphrey

Why? Will this not help cut expenses? I was told one precinct had only  30 some voters in November. Why pay three people at least 100 dollars to sit there for very few voters?

Towntalk

I'm absolutely and I mean absolutely agin the elimination of 35 precincts in Youngstown, and do not care what anyone else thinks ... my head  is made up and it's firm as granite that I'm opposed to the change, so put that in your corn cob pipe and smoke it.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/jan/07/mahoning-county-elections-board-eliminat/