News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

BREAKING CHARTER AMENDMENT NEWS

Started by Towntalk, September 02, 2014, 06:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

Yep.  They have to sit out at least 1 term, then they can run again.

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

I remember reading somewhere that her husband(?) was thinking of running again....can a
person run again after so many years out of office?

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: AllanY2525 on September 02, 2014, 11:51:28 PM
It would be ironic if the amendment passes and Annie Gillam's seat were one of the two
eliminated by a 5 ward council map.

She can't run again anyway.

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

It would be ironic if the amendment passes and Annie Gillam's seat were one of the two
eliminated by a 5 ward council map.

Rick Rowlands

If the ballot amendment fails then let it go. What frustrates me is the constant placing of failed amendments on the ballot.  Like a whiny kid who won't take no for an answer.

Towntalk

Even if the First Ward were larger, the 7th and 5th wards will be the ones that will be eleminated. and the people in the 7th will be shafted once it is absorbed into the 6th. The 5th on the other hand would become part of the 4th, and would benefit.

jay

Why would the central planning area have the same boundaries as the inner belt freeway system?

Drawing the 5 wards with equal population would require the central area to be a heck of a lot larger than pictured on the map.  Most of that central area is vacant land, industrial properties, commercial buildings, institutions, churches, museums and government buildings.  It lacks a significant residential population.

Towntalk

We all know that it was Annie Gillam that voted no.

Towntalk

You're wrong ... that map is identical with the 5 ward map. Show me where any differances are.

jay

The map is a planning map and has nothing to do with the 5-ward scenario.

jay

One councilwoman still voted against placing this issue on the November ballot.  :P

Towntalk

Just look at the map that is being circulated. It clearly shows what the city would look like.

Peggy Gurney

No idea which two will be affected.  There is at least one council person who cannot run again next year.
If there are two, I supposed it would conveniently be their wards.  But who knows, I do not.

~ Normal is overrated ~