News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Question About Fewer Wards And Term Limits

Started by jay, August 04, 2014, 05:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I already asked about the term limit thin in the other thread here...but sounds like
Artis(?) Gillam is going to try and keep the dynasty alive.

"Gilliam's Island"   ....minus the crew of the S.S. Minnow.....but just as comical....

Towntalk

I'd like to know who that councilman is ... hopefully it's mine... hopefully.

jay

Rumor

One ward representative is already trying to determine if a term-limited councilman could run again under a 5-ward system.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: jay on August 04, 2014, 12:11:52 PM
The councilman could run again after sitting out one term.
That's what Annie Gillam's husband is planning to do, isn't it?

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

That's good news because as you know Jay, your councilman and mine are just about the very best councilmen that we have and must be kept as long as possable.

jay

The councilman could run again after sitting out one term.

Towntalk

That is a good question, but my guess is that since they are seperate sections of the City Charter that they would have to go on the ballot as seperate issues.
Here is a legal question regarding term limits: Can a Councilman term limited out wait for a term then run again, or does the term limit provision say that he can never again run for that office?

jay

Question

If a Youngstown councilperson is term limited after 2015 with the existing seven wards system, can that councilperson run again if his/her residence is now in a different ward under a five ward system?