News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Video Tour of the Youngstown Steel Heritage Museum

Started by Rick Rowlands, February 02, 2014, 09:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Ron,

I can take care of that no problem.  Thanks for your support of the project!

AllanY2525

Rick,

As someone who has been fascinated by all things mechanical since childhood, I can't
WAIT to see that old engine cranking over....it's gonna be awesome.

I can totally relate to what you said about enjoying the work.  When I am tinkering
with a project and my hands are busy, my heart is happy and my mind is free.

It's better than therapy!!

:D

Youngstownshrimp

Rick,
Iwasthere in another post tried to pitch you against me, that is what the liberal bent do, bitch only and no production.  I'm sorry I even mentioned our business to him.  Kindly send Ohio Land Management a tax writeoff and we can call our management fee a donation. 8)
Folks this is how free enterprise works, we work things out for the common good.
Iwasthere, shame on you. >:(

Rick Rowlands

Thanks!!!   

We will be using video as an important part of the overall visitor experience.  I am currently working on plans to have the engine animated by September.  I work on it a little (or a lot) every day.  We have most of the funding we need for that project so its just a matter of doing the work, which is the part that I love.

AllanY2525

Rick,

Here are a few words to describe you and the Tod Engine museum:

fantastic
historic
independent
honest
hard working (I know, it's two words.....lol)
interesting
dyno-mite!
respectable
worthwhile

I always thought it would be really cool if you had a video display that could play old
films of the steel mills at work in Youngstown as a part of the tour at your museum.

Just a suggestion, for what it's worth.....

Have you hooked up the Tod engine to an electric motor yet, to make it turn over?

Irishbobcat

Every time I drive by Ricky's "museum" I start humming the theme song to Sanford and Son......

Towntalk

Besides the one I already mentioned here are two more
Anvil Chorus - Verdi
Mars (The Planets) - Holst

Towntalk

When you're ready, might I make some music suggestions?

Rick Rowlands

When we do the documentary it will have the dramatic score.   I'm using a GoPro Hero3 camera, the same one that the reality shows use for the various shots when the cameras are mounted to equipment in operation.  Its amazing how good the video quality is.

Towntalk

Great video but it needs some background music like say "Ride Of The Valkyries" loud and dramatic in keeping with an actual steel mill in operation.

Rick Rowlands

Last night I uploaded a video that I shot yesterday at the museum.  Just a quick tour of the collection and our plans for the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HttJrWaY45g

I have been working on this project for the last fourteen years.  When I bought this land it was a vacant lot.  Everything you see in this video I built personally and did it without a dime of government money.  All private contributions and hard work.