News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Lincoln Park Hike

Started by Towntalk, September 09, 2013, 06:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

If I'm not mistaken Lincoln Park is the largest of the city parks and at one time had both a swimming pool and a tennis court, and Oakland Field while not a part of Lincoln Park was right up against it. It's a rotten shame that the city has neglected this park because it is as historical as Mill Creek Park.
I would like to see it sold to Mill Creek Park which could come in and give it the care that it deserves.
Down near Sacred Heart Church is an ancient mill trace that was built by one of the pioneer families, and of course there is Council Rock and an old log cabin that was built by trappers before there even was a Youngstown.

Youngstownshrimp

TT,
Great you brought this up, I hiked all that land for years and know it intimately.  A year ago, I had private land up against the Mckelvey dam timbered (sellect cut).  Over a decade ago, this land was one of the first to get the wild turkey population reintroduced and now they are everywhere.  What is exciting is that as the savages continue to abuse the housing stock, resulting in demolition, more parcels return to acreage.  Soon most of the eastern part of the Eastside will become wilderness and any investors of land will prosper.  Majority of the land is much more fertile than farm land , this is why my shrimp grew large and plump.  Hopefully soon the enept leadership of Youngstown will also be demolished and prosperity will once again flourish in the wilderness of Youngstown.